Mexico claims proof of Chinese fentanyl smuggling

onthedarkside

image.png.e92d86f89aaa34bf80424d5546371d15.png

The Mexican president says his country has proof that illegal shipments of the powerful opioid drug fentanyl are arriving from China.

A container with hidden packages of the drug was intercepted in the Pacific port of Lázaro Cárdenas, President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said.

"We already have proof," he said, adding that he would ask the Chinese government to help stop the shipments.

READ MORE

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-65506087

image.png.42b24a2222bfb94de3ac924f9a942790.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Boxer rebellion they have a long memory .it’s a hideous weapon to be sure all addictive dope is.I’m don’t believe it’s being directly sponsored by their government but they are famous for corruption 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Chinese have experience of how a foreign power can use narcotics to addict a population and render a nation powerless.

Narcotics as a weapon against another nation, I wonder who came up with that heinous idea?

Two wrongs don't make a right. 

It's always the poor that suffer.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is this a distraction from the global death and destruction Mexico exports in the form of coke? 

I'll bet a significant amount of murders in the UK are directly related to the consumption or illicit distribution of cocaine. I see this crap all the time and know what I'm talking about. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Is this a distraction from the global death and destruction Mexico exports in the form of coke? 

I'll bet a significant amount of murders in the UK are directly related to the consumption or illicit distribution of cocaine. I see this crap all the time and know what I'm talking about. 

The cocaine that Mexico exports is just transshipped cocaine that was extracted from Coca plants in South America. I doubt that cocaine is transshipped to the UK comes via Mexico.

How the Albanian mafia conquered the cocaine market in UK

The Albanian citizens at the top of the criminal landscape have managed to settle in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Panama. Those who can buy cocaine at 4 thousand dollars a kilo in South America then sell it for 30 thousand euros once it reaches European ports, helped by a dense network of corrupt port officials and operators in the most important maritime commercial hubs in Europe.

https://irpimedia.irpi.eu/en-albanian-mafia-uk-cocaine-supply/

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/6/2023 at 8:13 PM, Bkk Brian said:

China, however, sees its counternarcotics enforcement, and more broadly its international law enforcement cooperation, as strategic tools that it can instrumentalize to achieve other objectives.

Yeah just like another country who talks about war on drugs while sponsering the trafficking and sale of narcotics to its own people to raise money for weapons deals for the overthrow of some democratically elected Sth American government!  Outstanding!

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

I would think Mexico's drug lords would be able to make their own fentanyl.  Why would they need to import from China? 

They mostly do make their own. But they import the precursor chemicals from China.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, placeholder said:

They mostly do make their own. But they import the precursor chemicals from China.

Yes it seems making it, like a lot of drugs, is quite easy.  Acquiring the precursers is the problem.