Leave Condo empty for 3 months - ideas?

21 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

23 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

and I did not have to come to this forum for asking suggestions to keep my condo empty. 

Fat lady has yet to sing, you have additional chances

1 hour ago, aldriglikvid said:

Thanks for all the input. 

On the topic of mold/mildew. Perhaps the the question that worries me most (and the owner is a stand-up guy, so I want to keep his place in good shape). Is there any product(s) I can buy for a reasonable buck to tackle this problem? Or am I overthinking it? 

I don't think you're overthinking this at all. And it's great you want to keep the owner happy. A couple of suggestions. 

1. I'd tell the owner the exact dates you'll be gone and who will have access to check and/or clean the condo. 

2. I'd want someone to check the condo(water leakage from above or from inside?) every 2 weeks. 

3. I'd hire someone to clean at the 30 day and 60 day mark. Then, when you come back you'll see what your condo looks like after 30 days of stagnation. Nice info to know for any future trip. 

4. Make sure owner has a way to contact you while you're gone. 

5. Flip the main power switch. Leave fridge doors open. Dry/wipe down everything before you leave. 

6. Somebody nearby needs to have emergency access. 

The main thing is to discuss your plans with the owner. He/she may have different ideas of what should be done, maybe they will check while you're gone? Good luck!

• Thanks 1