House Republicans release probe into Biden family finances

Social Media

House Republicans have unveiled what they say are records of $10m (£8m) in payments to members of the Biden family from foreign entities.

Oversight Committee Chair James Comer said Joe Biden's relatives had used the family name to enrich themselves, and the president was "involved".

The report itself does not substantiate these claims or implicate Mr Biden. It does not allege illegal conduct.

The White House called the report "baseless innuendo".

Republican leaders pledged to aggressively investigate Mr Biden, his administration and his family when they took over control of the US House of Representatives in last year's midterm election.

Mr Comer has faced pressure from within his party to release findings from the House Oversight Committee's ongoing inquiry into the Biden family.

In January, he said he would investigate "influence peddling" by Mr Biden's family.

Wednesday's report is the most detailed accounting yet of what House Republicans say they have uncovered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Seems the walls are closing in on the bidens.

Oh boy lol such utter desperation so desperate to smear I wish the republicans would put some constructive legislation out there instead of just trying to slander 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The investigation is fluid, patience is needed by all so a complete investigation can take place.

House Republicans have unveiled what they say are records of $10m (£8m) in payments to members of the Biden family from foreign entities.

. Are the payments what you see as the incriminating evidence or is it fear of "entities", the kind that Stephen King writes about?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

. Are the payments what you see as the incriminating evidence or is it fear of "entities", the kind that Stephen King writes about?

Not a King fan, sorry.

Off topic posts baiting each other have been removed. Please desist.

10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

59 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The investigation is fluid, patience is needed by all so a complete investigation can take place.

How many hundred thousands of U.S. businesses have received payments from foreign firms?

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, candide said:

How many hundred thousands of U.S. businesses have received payments from foreign firms?

I'm afraid I'm not the one to ask, perhaps Mr Comer could answer that.

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Given that Comer believes that Suspicious Activity Reports from banks are significant evidence, why would anyone looking for a valid answer consult him?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

He may answer, but it seems unlikely he will be able to offer any evidence and the little such that is on offer suggests he should not be trusted.  Typical lying republican.

3 minutes ago, sudsey said:

I recall millions in dollars and years investigating Trump based on knowingly false documents and nothing more than a "russian hoax" gong show. Biden on the other hand seems on the periphery very well poised at this point to become the most corrupt politician in American history and there needs to be an investigation to root out the corruption and prosecute and jail the Biden's for any identified state and fed crimes. Can start with money laundering, tax evasion, FARA violations on Robert (Hunter) Biden. The DOJ have never to my knowledge investigated Hunter B for this and understandably so as this would indubitably lead right back the dear old dad.

Can you sometimes post accurate information?

*Deleted post edited out*

What makes your comment so ridiculous is that you refer to something called the "Biden Family". So if someone is born into the Biden family or marries into it, they are willy-nilly part of a criminal enterprise?

And as has been pointed out, the informant files are kept confidential to protect the informant from having their identity exposed. What's more, informant files are unvetted. Also, this file  was in the possession of the Justice Dept during the Trump administration. Remember the Durham investigation? Despite it having the strong backing of the Attorney General, it found no conspiracy or deep state plottings in the Justice Dept to prosecute.

You've got nothing.

• Like 2

Just now, Slip said:

That is what you say every time, and it is never anything.  Republicans have cried wolf too many times since it used to work in the Clinton eras.  No one trusts them anymore.

Those nasty Republicans making the whole thing up. Let's hope they all leave so we can live happily ever after.

"... Biden's relatives had used the family name to enrich themselves, and the president was "involved". "

Okay, kids: now substitute like this "... Biden's Trump's relatives had used the family name to enrich themselves, and the president was "involved".

Thinking about Ivanka and her Chinese patents.... Jared and "loans" extorted from middle east...

• Like 1