Thailand Elite visa criminal background check?

Hi guys,

as the title suggests, Im wondering what type of check are they doing ? 
Is this a local check ? like overstays and such, bar fights in thailand ? Or they will run a background check on me in Canada ?
I have an old case for growing and selling weed, which results in trafficking ... I was dumb young and broke back then, cleaned my act up but its still there and can not get a pardon for a few years still. 

I want to apply for the Elite, Im just scared Ill be refused possibly blacklisted from the kingdom or something... 

Anyone here have any experience with this ?

In another thread you outlined plan to obtain TDL from providing home country  drivers license via agent to avoid requirements. 

That's illegal. Also not possible. 

There are threads for criminal check for elite (PE) visa. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1279117-criminal-background-check-and-elite-visa/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RenegadeMtl said:

Or they will run a background check on me in Canada ?

They can't do that so no, there is no background check outside of Thailand.

If it was a requirement then it would be something you have to do yourself in Canada.

It's possible that the background check might include something like Interpol notices but no, they can't do a Canadian background check on you and you certainly aren't gonna be blacklisted if you get a refusal and haven't committed any major overstays or offenses in Thailand. There's a reason so many people who are convicted criminals in their country escape to Thailand. Also you don't pay until/unless you are approved so nothing to lose by applying. 

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In another thread you outlined plan to obtain TDL from providing home country  drivers license via agent to avoid requirements. 

That's illegal. Also not possible. 

There are threads for criminal check for elite (PE) visa. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1279117-criminal-background-check-and-elite-visa/

I have the full requirements, International drivers license with bike stamp on it. Im fully legal to drive as is. I just don't understand how any of this stuff works in Thailand, don't speak the language, no girlfriend etc. 

She will come with me to the DTL and coach me through the whole thing, help me gain my health checkup by bringing me to the clinic nearby ... help me get the certificate or residence. 

Will give me tips while I do the exams etc. I dont think there is anything illegal there. 

Is it illegal ? I still have to do the exams and everything. pass the healthcheck, sensory tests etc

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

It's possible that the background check might include something like Interpol notices but no, they can't do a Canadian background check on you and you certainly aren't gonna be blacklisted if you get a refusal and haven't committed any major overstays or offenses in Thailand. There's a reason so many people who are convicted criminals in their country escape to Thailand. Also you don't pay until/unless you are approved so nothing to lose by applying. 

Thanks for the tips guys, love this forum so far.

11 minutes ago, RenegadeMtl said:

I have the full requirements, International drivers license with bike stamp on it. Im fully legal to drive as is. I just don't understand how any of this stuff works in Thailand, don't speak the language, no girlfriend etc. 

She will come with me to the DTL and coach me through the whole thing, help me gain my health checkup by bringing me to the clinic nearby ... help me get the certificate or residence. 

Will give me tips while I do the exams etc. I dont think there is anything illegal there. 

Is it illegal ? I still have to do the exams and everything. pass the healthcheck, sensory tests etc

Slightly off topic response to the Driving licence thing: 

.. IF you have a Canadian licence (i.e. in English) then you won’t need to do any ‘exempts’ (multiple choice questionnaire), but you will need to do a few rudimentary in class tests such as colour blindness test, reaction test, proximity test etc... 

Back on topic: 

- Checks made by Thai Elite will also look for any over-stay history which could compromise the application.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RenegadeMtl said:

Not illegal at all. 

Pretty much the only thing the agent cannot do is obtain the certificate of residence.

I'm actually going to CW immigration next week to obtain residence certificate and will post a report..

Refer to Motor forum 

https://aseannow.com/forum/78-thailand-motor-discussion/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Love It 1

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Slightly off topic response to the Driving licence thing: 

.. IF you have a Canadian licence (i.e. in English) then you won’t need to do any ‘exempts’ (multiple choice questionnaire), but you will need to do a few rudimentary in class tests such as colour blindness test, reaction test, proximity test etc... 

Back on topic: 

- Checks made by Thai Elite will also look for any over-stay history which could compromise the application.

Thanks guys ! more confident in applying now, LTR seemed nice but quite a hassle to get, plus im not sure my employer wants to give out 3 years of business statements to prove they made 150 mil ..

• Like 1

In the processes for adoption of my spouse's Thai son, I had to obtain a criminal history check from Australia as my country of nationality. Does the same apply for the Thailand Elite visa application???

1 hour ago, RemyDog said:

In the processes for adoption of my spouse's Thai son, I had to obtain a criminal history check from Australia as my country of nationality. Does the same apply for the Thailand Elite visa application???

No. Your application just goes to Thailand immigration for approval.

1 hour ago, RemyDog said:

No, they do it for you. They pull an Interpol report.

11 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

They can do a check in Canada if they want. The application gives them permission. I don't think they do but they certainly can.

3 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

They can do a check in Canada if they want. The application gives them permission. I don't think they do but they certainly can.

No, they can't. Why do you think that in order to get certain types of work permit you need to get a police report yourself and submit it to them?

The reason is because the Canadian government are not stupid and don't hand over all their data to the Thais.

They do however hand it all over to the US Government.