Thai females average weight now 63kg!!!!

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I think they are. 

They are on average much fitter and healthier than obese people.

They are more mobile and can enjoy outdoor activities, exercise and have less joint problems. 

They are considered my mostt to be more attractive than overweight people. 

They can look at fat people and be glad they don't look like them. 

Also, they save a lot of money by not spending it on excessive amounts of junk food and cakes. 

You are talking extremes. Someone who is 5kgs fat might be a lot happier. They are not stressed over minor details.

Edited by bignok

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Nothing wrong with salty fatty stuff. I lost 15 kg eating lashings of cheese, which is 35 - 40% fat.

OTOH, I avoided sugar, processed food, and high carbohydrate vegetables and grains, which all hydrolyze in the stomach to sugars.

When I did that, my liver commenced burning fat instead of sugar, hence the weight loss.

Last night I was at the market in Phuket town and had some fatty fried pork which hit the spot but I do see a lot eating deep fried salty meals and snacks and other meals deep in black soy and fish sauces. That is ok in moderation but I think not as a regular thing and isn’t the same as what your talking about I think. 

For adolescents its fast food but add to that the sugar laden diet. All sorts of sweet carbonated drinks, bubble tea, the sweet "Western" deserts. Diabetes is becoming a major health concern here directly linked to sugar.

They do not exercise unless actively involved in a sport.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Some of my elderly (50+) neighbors are skin and bone as they always were.

They don't get much out of the village, no donuts, no pizza, no fatty icecream, no deep fried fat dripping chicken, no hypersweet drinks etc.etc.etc.

They simply don't have the money for all that.

Easy explains why they are still slim like the even poorer Laos fellows (who have basically the same lifestyle).

They have no need for exercise. One neighbor 70+ is on the fields daily and works in the sweltering sun. No treadmills after work.

Look at the world center of fattys and find the answers. Easy.

50 isnt even old. Elderly? 85yo is elderly.

9 minutes ago, marin said:

All sorts of sweet carbonated drinks, bubble tea, the sweet "Western" deserts. 

My wife was pleased as punch that a bubble tea cost her ฿24 here in LoS (wasn't really a thing last time we visited pre-Covid lockdown).

£5 odd in the UK.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Is longer more appealing than better? Personally I will enjoy what I enjoy and have no desire whatsoever to live "longer".

i see some really fat falang with fat red legs hanging out in shopping centres, is that better?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bignok said:

seems it works the other way too.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4791804/

Conclusions

Findings from this study suggest that weight control failure is associated with an increased risk of suicidal ideation among obese women. Furthermore, intervention programs that aim to address the prevalence of suicide, especially for obese women, are needed.

• Like 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Can't help notice, a lifetime of a poor diet leaves them with diabetes legs, maybe same you

My diet is good. Fitter than you. You cant even walk for 4 hours. Maybe your legs are bad.

Sweet coffee and teas for women. The very definition of empty calories. Seems like the average looking women more letting themselves gain. Still lots of tight 20-40 yo. Yoga pants on MRT ????????

Edited by Plern

Their lives have been "Westernized". Fast food, sugary drinks, Starbuck's, etc. It's happening in more and more countries where Western food is introduced. A few decades ago most Mexican people were slim. Then the fast food restaurants from the US (KFC, McDonald's, Starbuck's, 7-11, etc) made their way there and these days most look 30 - 70 pounds overweight. The fact is, it's easier to be fat than to stay in shape. Diabetes is off the charts. Obese people do indeed die younger than fit people. Just look around. How many obese people over the age of 70 do you see? Few. As far as being happy, weight doesn't matter. You're either a happy person or you aren't. Just ask Santa. He's happy and fat and laughs like a bowl full of jelly. HOHOHO!!!

Edited by HuskerDo2

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Come on how much you bench 10kgs or 5kgs?

I think seriously skinny and fat people may be prone to certain issues but surely you would agree that most people with a big heavy body are less likely to be happy than those who are slim or a little bit fat. Some big guys can bench press impressively and throw a decent punch so they have some power sometimes but not sure that is linked to happiness or health.

1 hour ago, kidneyw said:

You see a lot walking along with a sugar drink in their hand. Not sure if that contributes.

Swap sugar for beer. Given the bloated state of the average farang, this is a rather critical audience.

As ot 2022 64% of UK males were overweight/obese it appears that would be an understatement based on the average one that's moved here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I think seriously skinny and fat people may be prone to certain issues but surely you would agree that most people with a big heavy body are less likely to be happy than those who are slim or a little bit fat. Some big guys can bench press impressively and throw a decent punch so they have some power sometimes but not sure that is linked to happiness or health.

John Candy looked happy to me. Robert Deniro looks angry. 

• Haha 1