Move Forward leader says he’s ready to be Thailand’s new PM

snoop1130

26 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Another Yawn!

Nothing will change!

He and his party(s) will be blocked by the establishment one way or the other unfortunately!

One of the senators has spoken:

(1/3) In a clear sign some junta-appointed senators may not vote for Move Forward PM candidate Pita Limjaroenrat, influential senator Wanchai Sornsiri said Mon he & others will have to take other factors into consideration such as party's policies. #Thailand #เลือกตั้ง #ก้าวไกล
(2/3) Wanchai pointed out that Move Forward itself didn't win a simple majority of the lower House which is 251 out of 500 but won much fewer seats at so it cannot claim otherwise
(3/3) "I'm not sure that the # 1 party will always able to form a gov't," he said, adding that Pheu Thai won most seats back in 2019 but unable to form a gov't & ends up in the opposition

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1658062912332902400

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

One of the senators has spoken:

(1/3) In a clear sign some junta-appointed senators may not vote for Move Forward PM candidate Pita Limjaroenrat, influential senator Wanchai Sornsiri said Mon he & others will have to take other factors into consideration such as party's policies. #Thailand #เลือกตั้ง #ก้าวไกล
(2/3) Wanchai pointed out that Move Forward itself didn't win a simple majority of the lower House which is 251 out of 500 but won much fewer seats at so it cannot claim otherwise
(3/3) "I'm not sure that the # 1 party will always able to form a gov't," he said, adding that Pheu Thai won most seats back in 2019 but unable to form a gov't & ends up in the opposition

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1658062912332902400

As I remember the previous govt didn't have a clear majority either. It was a coalition and bought off army generals in the senate that got them in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the leader of the Move Forward Party says he’s ready to be PM.

As am I, but our chances are roughly those of a snowball's in hell.  How do we get rid of 250 Army Generals?

His ex seems to think otherwise:
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/07/30/parina-slams-future-forward-mps-separation-with-series-of-commandments/

Also "new" PM? Quote Wiki:
He is the nephew of Padung Limjaroenrat, a former secretary to the Interior Minister and a close aide of then Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Thailand certainly needs a change. Hopefully Pita aka Tim is his own man.