Pita announces coalition, Thai banks to charge for cash transactions : Tim Newton Today - May 16

webfact

image.jpeg

Now the votes have been cast, the leader of the party with the most MPs in the Thai lower house of parliament will try and form a coalition, we cover the timeline of this process and some of the side stories from the last few days. Thailand is in for weeks or months of waiting to see what the new government will look like and if the charismatic 43 year old will become the next Thai Prime Minister.

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

With thanks to our sponsor 5 Star Marine in Phuket for premium, private charters to the beautiful islands and beaches. https://5starmarinephuket.com 

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I never pay cash in 7/11. Always use credit card offering 100% fraud protection, 2% cash reward, and using other people's money (OPM) interest free for at least 25-days. Why will I use cash?

... sure, sure ... most of ya seem to have no respective grip though ... 

Suppose the card issuers & banksters love this type of customer, no surprise @ 15% interest ... :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... sure, sure ... most of ya seem to have no respective grip though ... 

Suppose the card issuers & banksters love this type of customer, no surprise @ 15% interest ... :cheesy:

I had a credit card since I was 19 years old and in 30 years never paid 1 cent of interest. Meanwhile i got free flights, free hotel upgrades, free cashback, thoudands of dollars worth of discounts

...etc

4 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I never pay cash in 7/11. Always use credit card offering 100% fraud protection, 2% cash reward, and using other people's money (OPM) interest free for at least 25-days. Why will I use cash?

its wast of time to explain, that all people using CC or DC in daily life paying for it, today and more in the future when cash is reduced or off.   >Every dealer calculate the cost of creditcard into their prices , hench all pay a higher price. nothing is free ,even not see it on CC statement

CC cards , are good if use not in daily life , but when people accepting small payments w cards , the move torwards cashless go further,and the bankingfees to dealers goes bigger and they have the full controll of worldmoneyflow. Once you cant get money on the ATm or pay ,due to whatever reason, you know that its not the true thing, people in Greece,Cyprus,Argentina and others  know it in person,when payouts get limited by goverments  . if this once happening in US or >EU, its to late for everybody to think about

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

sure, sure ... most of ya seem to have no respective grip though ... 

Suppose the card issuers & banksters love this type of customer, no surprise @ 15% interest ...

Credit Cards now may have close to 30% interests. In fact I never care to check it. All my credit cards are in full payment on auto pay, except the one that offers one year cash at 0% for a 3% fee (basically, at 3% for one year). 

I really don't care if I die in debts but for me it is now a remote possibility but I know friends who have accumulated 100K in credit card debts and then declared bankruptcy. In most states you will be able to save your primary residence, 401(k), IRA, and Social Security. Please consult a lawyer before declaring bankruptcy. 

49 minutes ago, lapamita said:

Once you cant get money on the ATm or pay ,due to whatever reason, you know that its not the true thing, people in Greece,Cyprus,Argentina and others  know it in person,when payouts get limited by goverments  . if this once happening in US or >EU, its to late for everybody to think about

Thanks for your unrealistic future predictions. Please keep your money in cash under your pillow to save humanity from this calamity in the future while I rake up 2-5% in cash reward and live my life using OPM.