Nigel Farage: ‘Brexit has failed’

webfact

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Could you give  me a quick explanation as to what the USA and Japan have got to do with the UK and Brexit ?

What is the connection ? 

As for Japan and the United States, didn't you  post aa chart that included them.?

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As for Japan and the United States, didn't you  post aa chart that included them.?

Yes, that was after someone mentioned the G7 group and I posted a graph of that group .

So, what do Japan and the USA have to do with the U.K and Brexit ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, that was after someone mentioned the G7 group and I posted a graph of that group .

So, what do Japan and the USA have to do with the U.K and Brexit ?

Just as much as your chart did. But no more nor less.

15 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

No. Just sour grapes. 

Just as I've said many times before.  Brexit is ongoing. Cannot be called a failure. Simple English language.

I believe Farage was suggesting the Government have failed to do what he would have liked them to.

However, seeing as you have constantly shown your disdain for the man, I'm surprised you are siding with him. Next you'll be saying you'd like to go on a train journey with Portillo. ????????????

Like Chomper & Choo Choo  ????????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have just been to my local supermarket and they seem to be fully stocked with everything  , tomatoes from Holland and peppers from Spain among the produce available and I didn't notice and shortages 

But  but  how did that EU stuff get in?

15 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I believe Farage was suggesting the Government have failed to do what he would have liked them to.

How do you to there from here?

“What Brexit has proved, I’m afraid, is that our politicians are about as useless as the commissioners in Brussels. We’ve mismanaged this totally,” Farage said, responding to a raft of data suggesting there had been a negative economic impact of Brexit.

“Brexit has failed,” he added. “We’ve not delivered on Brexit and the Tories have let us down very, very badly.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, candide said:

And? Are you calling a 1.6% or 1.7% GDP growth striving? The UK GDP growth in 2018 and 2019 was quite average, compared to Eurozone or G7. It was not in a high growth situation which may explain why it is now a laggard in catching-up.

Eurozone again. Four faults!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You are mixing G7 with Eurozone. "Eurozone is not a G7 nation.

Naughty naughty!

You didn't read the full post, abviously! The link and the charts are about G7. UK was ranked 6th in G7 in 2018. You know, the image at the bottom of my post, with the title "the UK in the G7 growth rate".

Naughty naughty

Edited by candide
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, candide said:

You didn't read the full post, abviously! The link and the charts are about G7. UK was ranked 6th in G7 in 2018. You know, the image at the bottom of my post, with the title "the UK in the G7 growth rate".

Naughty naughty

Once again. 

What do Canada, USA and Japans (G7)economy have to do with the U.K and Brexit . 

What is the connection between those G7 Countries and the U.K and Brexit .

Japan/USA/Canada had a better economy than the U.K in 2018 according to your chart .

Now what is the relevance of that information ?

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Ah yes, the value of alleged experiences offered by anonymous parties on this forum. Faith based evidence. 

To be fair, in this case you are correct. Chomper seemed to think the fact a secret product he wanted to buy wasn't avsilable where he was was proof Brexit was a failure when in fact it was available just down the road.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

To be fair, in this case you are correct. Chomper seemed to think the fact a secret product he wanted to buy wasn't avsilable where he was was proof Brexit was a failure when in fact it was available just down the road.

No.

I described my experience and backed it up by providing a news report that indicated my experience was similar to that of others across the UK.

If you wish to ague that Brexit has not created food shortages do so, and we can deal with that particular Brexit failure.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, candide said:

So you first complained I made a relevant comparison with Eurozone,

Stop there .

I didn't make a compliant about that .

I commented on how you switched from G7 figures to Eurozone figures  , like you seemingly didn't know the difference between the two

1 hour ago, candide said:

Naughty naughty

Ahem

2019 UK 1.6% Eurozone 1.58%

2018 UK 1.7% Eurozone 1.78%

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Ahem

2019 UK 1.6% Eurozone 1.58%

2018 UK 1.7% Eurozone 1.78%

And? Is it irrelevant to ALSO mention the Eurozone in order to assess the claim that the economy was thriving in 2018.

Didn't I put a comparison with G7 in the same post?

This is becoming ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Why mention the Eurozone at all?

Grasping at straws?

Why not? Is it a wild idea to compare UK with the Eurozone? Why are the economists working for the House of Commons making comparisons with both the Eurozone and the G7.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

But  but  how did that EU stuff get in?

Every time there some delays at Dover , usually temporary delays caused by strikes or the weather , the Remain media post the stories as "Brexit causes delays at Dover* and people think there's some kind of blockade at Dover .

We have produce going back and forth to the E.U as normal , although the truck drivers may have to show their passports when entering and leaving  

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No.

I described my experience and backed it up by providing a news report that indicated my experience was similar to that of others across the UK.

If you wish to ague that Brexit has not created food shortages do so, and we can deal with that particular Brexit failure.

There weren't any shortages. You found what you were looking for. 

No failure there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

There weren't any shortages. You found what you were looking for. 

No failure there.

Youngsters these days don't realise how good they've got it , feeling inconvenienced by having to go to TWO supermarkets instead of one to get their shopping . 

It wasn't too long ago that you could only buy produce that was in season and it wasn't available all year round .

Distraught because they have to use tinned tomatoes rather than fresh tomatoes or having to go to a different shop to get fresh tomatoes  .

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Youngsters these days don't realise how good they've got it , feeling inconvenienced by having to go to TWO supermarkets instead of one to get their shopping . 

It wasn't too long ago that you could only buy produce that was in season and it wasn't available all year round .

Distraught because they have to use tinned tomatoes rather than fresh tomatoes or having to go to a different shop to get fresh tomatoes  .

People of all ages unable to get their shopping in one supermarket, like they did up until Brexit.

Perhaps not a big problem for the young, fit and healthy, but definitely a problem for people who don’t have their own transport, or suffer health/age related mobility problems.

Farage is right, Brexit has failed. The failure of Brexit is now being widely and openly discussed.

Brexit failure is now part of the public discourse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candide said:

Grasping at straws?

No straws. The comparison started as a UK/G7 comparison and that's it. No need to expand and confuse this with an additional non G7 (Eurozone) reference.  

Edited by nauseus

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Only after having to visit two supermarkets, something that was not necessary pre-Brexit.

Farage is right, Brexit had failed.

The link you posted mentioned many reasons for possible shortages.

Neither your link or your search for a mystery product proves there are shortages due to Brexit alone.

I went to Morrisons yesterday to get some doughnuts. Those that are baked in house. There weren't any. They'd sold out. Was that because of Brexit or just that they are a popular line and they'd simply sold out?

You still haven't told us what you couldn't find. Your reluctance suggests it actually had nothing to do with Brexit. 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

People of all ages unable to get their shopping in one supermarket, like they did up until Brexit.

Perhaps not a big problem for the young, fit and healthy, but definitely a problem for people who don’t have their own transport, or suffer health/age related mobility problems.

Farage is right, Brexit has failed. The failure of Brexit is now being widely and openly discussed.

Brexit failure is now part of the public discourse.

Seeing as personal experiences are considered valid now, I would have to say that in neither Morrisons nor the pub I was in last night did I hear anyone mention Brexit. Even on the walk home I didn't. 

Widely and openly discussed you say. Really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1