American Tourist Rescued from Pattaya Sewer After Being Trapped For Over Seven Hours

webfact

I heard on the local radio station the guy fell down an open manhole but after his rescue the rescuers were unable to find the open manhole. 

This is truely a weird story, these weird story are becoming a weekly article, great reading ????

The odds are this American has some mental health issues 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He's American so maybe he'll sue someone and everyone will deny all responsibility for everything. Also not unusual.

Yes , probably Google Maps to blame..????

• Haha 1

The sidewalks in Pattaya are dangerous and there are many cracked manhole covers. There have been quite a few reports on this forum of motorcyclists and cars falling into sewer holes where there was no cover. And at least 3 reports of pedestrians getting a foot trapped on a broken drain cover. It wouldn't surprise me if when walking along, minding his own business, that he fell down a sewer hole where the cover had been removed for repair and, as  usual, the contractor failed to display adequate warning or protect the public

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For him it was for sure an unforgettable experience with all the dirt, the rats and the countless cockroaches. But it could have been even more impressive if there had been a heavy downpour. I think he has reason to celebrate. Could have had a very bad ending. There is the Thai film “The Cave”. Maybe now a movie "The Sewer"?

thoughts...

those arent tattoos!  they are infections!

hes the front runner for shawshank redemption reboot

does he still have a GF?   might need a 2nd shower!

will he be on a version of locked up abroad--sewer rat edition

hes got a great story to tell his buddies until his final days--hopefully later not sooner

havent we all been there??? i sure have come close after a night out with sangsom

also a good shot of sangsom will kill off any infections--kills covid too rumor has it..

I for one am happy to buy him a beer and hear his story--from a distance of course

wonder who will buy the movie copyrights for this one.....id pay to see the police re-enactment

did the cops refuse his passport in his pocket when he offered it???

even the street dogs were disgusted!

amazing thailand!

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, I regularly see people closing open man hole covers.

So just because you never see it, it doesn't happen?

Just think about what you're insinuating with that comment.... Because if nobody ever closed open manhole covers, no manhole cover would ever get closed!

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

So just because you never see it, it doesn't happen?

Just think about what you're insinuating with that comment.... Because if nobody ever closed open manhole covers, no manhole cover would ever get closed!

Chill dude. 

Life's too short to get offended by my comment about a manhole. 

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

He’d do well to take a course of broad-band antibiotics while he’s at it (as a precaution to what ever nasties he breathed in, touched, grazed himself on etc).

Surprised gasses down there did not do him harm. Will be in need of a few tetanus jabs and if a rat took a bite, a rabies series of shots. We UK guys use the term 'septic' as rhyming slang for USA guys, seems applicable here. 

Could've been worse. Anyone remember this - "Six hundred and twenty four years in a sodding sewer" - Jonathan Pryce as "The Master", in "Rowan Atkinson is Doctor Who, Comic Relief". Life imitating art, 555. Incidentally, worth a watch if you haven't seen it, depending on what tickles your funny bone.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

He's an American.........put him back down there. ????

Appears to be a troll post. As far as the poster, do you not realize that all Americans ancestors came from other countries ,meaning yours too?

• Haha 1