American Tourist Rescued from Pattaya Sewer After Being Trapped For Over Seven Hours

webfact

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Whenever I click on one of these bizarre, nightmare stories on the right column of AN, for some reason I always find it takes me to the Pattaya forum.

Yep, we get all the quality in Pattaya. 

Sadly, I'm seeing more and more of these strange foreigners in town. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

They have very different cooties over here, it takes a while for the body to build up natural immunities to them.

Never heard that word ? Do you mean cuties ? If so, I agree. They got some STD's here that are very resilient to penicillin.

But as you say, your immune system adjusts with practice.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

how do you fall into a sewer? if it was only 1.50 meters deep why couldn't scramble out?

Yes, lots of unanswered questions but it's a typical strange story regarding a foreigner in Pattaya 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

They could have at least cleaned him up before presenting him to the press. Oh wait…… are those supposed to be tattoos?? In that case he would be better off scaring the rats in the sewer with his inked body. 

Edited by joloit

Speaking via an interpreter, the man said he fell into a different sewer in Jomtien by accident around noon. He was unaware of the exact location where he fell,

how likely is that ? not remembering where one fell ?

maybe someone put him in the sewer and closed the lid.

or he went in deliberately to flee a situation he doesn't want to disclose now.

Edited by tgw
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, rvdk said:

This has nothing to do with weed.

How old are those guys who always say that it has to do with weed? Old boring guys who sit with a "happy" hour beer in a cheap beerbar all day long? 

Defensive about weed much ????... its ok if you’re a toker... no one is judging... 

This does kind of have ‘weed’ written all over it.. as does the ‘look of the guy’ himself... yes, I know, don't judge a book by its cover.... yadda yadda yadda...   realistically, the covers on books are generally a good tell !!!!!... 

Besides, how do you know it has nothing to do with weed ???...

It certainly looks like it has something to do with ‘some substance’.

Could have been booze, could have been hallucinogenics, could have been weed  !!!!...  weed is the most obvious answer. 

Of course, he could have been perfectly sober..... but is that really believable ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Defensive about weed much ????... its ok if you’re a toker... no one is judging... 

This does kind of have ‘weed’ written all over it.. as does the ‘look of the guy’ himself... yes, I know, don't judge a book by its cover.... yadda yadda yadda...   realistically, the covers on books are generally a good tell !!!!!... 

Besides, how do you know it has nothing to do with weed ???...

It certainly looks like it has something to do with ‘some substance’.

Could have been booze, could have been hallucinogenics, could have been weed  !!!!...  weed is the most obvious answer. 

Of course, he could have been perfectly sober..... but is that really believable ?

You ARE judging him by his looks, as if someone with tattoos is somehow less intelligent or clumsier than a person without? Or that someone that smokes weed (guess you have no experience so can't comment), is more likely to fall into a hole, or sewer, than a person who drinks a lot? Weed is the obvious answer? That's ignorant in of itself. I've been around weed smokers, and I have also, for at least 50 years, and never have I seen anyone who stumbles or falls because of smoking. Drinking, yes, many times. Maybe he got too close to an opening in the street, a place where the ground was soft enough to collapse, and he couldn't get out the same way. so he wandered around until someone up top heard him or he found another place to get out.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Many nasty abusive comments here 

This guy suffered a very unfortunate accident and suffered in that sewer.

Good that he was rescued but he's not out of the woods as far as the threat to his health from exposure to all that filth.

The comments here reminds

me of this Trinkism:

Human nature -- manure 

Bunch of flippin' hyenas.

He’ll survive- this is just some relatively good natured ribbing…and a story to recount to his mates.

• Thumbs Up 1