American Tourist Rescued from Pattaya Sewer After Being Trapped For Over Seven Hours

webfact

Does anyone else ever wonder if there may be something in the tattoo ink that affects brain function? 

Where's your shirt, buddy?

He made the international news:

https://www.insider.com/american-tourist-trapped-pattaya-thailand-sewers-falling-manhole-2023-5

But this guy was rescued in 4 hours, not 8.  Maybe there were two incidents involving the same circumstance and guys that look alike?  :sleep:

19 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Appears to be a troll post. As far as the poster, do you not realize that all Americans ancestors came from other countries ,meaning yours too?

Yes very aware. I was told about it frequently when there. Even your Prez. was recently over the pond telling us all how Irish he is!

Maybe I'm just being dumb, always a possibility, but I'm struggling to understand how you fall into a sewer.

Thailand I know is awash with sewerage, but generally you see it pushed out to sea and those 'quality' beaches.

So was a manhole cover left off, or did he crawl into a sewerage outlet?

One of those car wreak stories you hate yourself for actually being interested in!

10 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Maybe I'm just being dumb, always a possibility, but I'm struggling to understand how you fall into a sewer.

Thailand I know is awash with sewerage, but generally you see it pushed out to sea and those 'quality' beaches.

So was a manhole cover left off, or did he crawl into a sewerage outlet?

One of those car wreak stories you hate yourself for actually being interested in!

Around 8 years ago I had to visit Hat Yai on business. In the evening, after dinner, I decided to take a stroll around town.  It was dark and the street near my hotel was quiet with very little street lighting. As I was walking I noticed a darker patch of pavement in front of me. I stopped just before stepping onto it when I realised it was a large hole - a missing manhole cover - opening into a void that must have been at least 2m deep.

• Thumbs Up 1