Renewal of UK Passport using Key Visa Thailand Company

20 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Well I have to agree with you on one point. Chiang Mai is a far more agreeable place to visit than Bangkok! I can't stand that city.

However the next time my passport comes up for renewal I'll be 80! Travelling to either city from my home here in Sakon Nakhon will, I suspect be a daunting prospect , so an agent it will have to be.

I'm not old, well not too old, but I use an agent for absolutely everything here.  The less I have to interact with Authority the better. I'm also as lazy as hell now and I just can't be arsed to make the effort to do stuff myself. 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Oh dear, did I not say I was on holiday in the UK and got a new passport there? I used my old passport to get there which had a re entry permit, and the new one to come back and entered visa exempt because my old one had not arrived.

My confusion arose because in replying to a post that said, in part, "but the blame for that is fully on the UK Passport Office, not Key Visa" You said "I disagree with that 100%"

Others may, like me, have been similarly confused.

PH

VFS are not infallible, I applied myself for my sons first U.K. Passport at. VFS Global in Bangkok, I submitted all the required documentation which they checked. 
A week later I received an email from the U.K. Passport office, our sons Mother should have signed the form, we are not married. We had to write a letter signed by her verifying the application.

The next renewal I used Key Visa meaning I didn’t have to to do 2 trips to Bangkok, one to drop it of and 1 to collect it.

• Like 2