Repair of Samsung tablet in Pattaya

Mickeymaus

The power button of my older Samsung tablet is broken. I asked the Samsung service center in Pattaya if they can repair it. The answer was no. Then they said it will take AT LEAST 3 to 5 months to get the part. Strange thing is that at Lazada and Shopee you can order it.

My idea is now to order it there and look for a good repair shop here that can replace the broken one. I never had anything to do with such repair shops. Does anyone know a good one here in Central Pattaya? I don't want to ask in shops and then after "no problem" end with a bigger problem.

Normally I use (an expensive) Galaxy Tab S7+ LTE. But if I stay somewhere else I use this smaller older tablet. Now I am worried what will be if something brakes at this Tab S7+... 

10 minutes ago, kdrayong said:

I had some good experiences with @RePair.

https://goo.gl/maps/vECzqWj2imn6T2eWA

Some friends I recommended this shop were happy too.

Thank you very much. I looked on the Internet and saw this as one of the shops. It has a couple of positive reviews and it is not too far away. Will go there the next days and ask them. 

If it's just the power button you could try Amorn electronics in basement of Tukcom. Pretty sure they can fix anything.

They did a great job on my non-working entertainment system (took 3 days as had to order part from Bangkok)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you both for the information. I know the shops. But these devices need special equipment and enough experience. To Amorn I would bring a fan with broken capacitor. But not a tablet. PATTAYA2U is well know for computer and laptop repairs. Not sure how good they are for phones and tablets. I will try this @irepair. It is an old but still very good tablet with a really great AMOLED display.

19 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

The power button of my older Samsung tablet is broken. I asked the Samsung service center in Pattaya if they can repair it. The answer was no. Then they said it will take AT LEAST 3 to 5 months to get the part. Strange thing is that at Lazada and Shopee you can order it.

I have no idea why one is told such things..... I put it down to them hating to say no, but using it as an excuse not to do a job that is not worth their time..... they would rather you bought a new one. Ford Service centres, (2 of them) told me they did not stock the oil my old truck required and it would have to be ordered and take 6  weeks. What nonsense. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

To Amorn I would bring a fan with broken capacitor. But not a tablet. PATTAYA2U is well know for computer and laptop repairs. Not sure how good they are for phones and tablets.

That's exactly what I would do as well. I'm very satisfied with PATTAYA2U when they repaired my laptop.

• Thanks 1

The Samsung Thailand headquarter informed me that it takes about two weeks to order parts and not AT LEAST 3 to 5 months as the Pattaya Samsung service center told me two times. I will send them the conversation with the Service center. Perhaps there is a misunderstanding....