Travel in another city

I am going to travel in another city with my Thai wife, we will stay in a few hotels for at least one week and after we will come back to hour house. I need to know if I will also have to make a new tm30 at my local immigration when I will come back to my wife's house or isn't necessary

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Inter-province? Think they stopped requiring that a while back (as long as one returns to same address). Having said that, Hat Yai made me do one last year after they told me I had visited Bangkok a few weeks before. Bizarre!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Inter-province? Think they stopped requiring that a while back (as long as one returns to same address). Having said that, Hat Yai made me do one last year after they told me I had visited Bangkok a few weeks before. Bizarre!

It's very annoying to change tm30 every time you want to visit another city in Thailand

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not necessary.

However couple of rogue offices insisting on new TM30.

CM being main culprit.

Well, no problem, I will change tm30 again in case my local immigration may need. But what about 90 days report? Nothing will change is that right? My next 90 days will be on August

4 minutes ago, Gee Bangkok said:

I've stopped taking my passport to hotels in Thailand. I use my Thai driving licence only. Never had any problems with that. Maybe easier in the long run. 

I have a Thai driving license as well, so maybe I could try to show it for avoiding the hotels to update my address and change tm30 again

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My wife usually checks in to hotels and lots of hotels don't ask for my passport.  Some do though.  The hotels can get fined if they are caught with foreigners there that have not been reported.  

I have only once filed a TM30 in over 10 years here and travel fairly often.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kalasin fined my wife for not reporting I was back home from Bangkok. They negotiated it down to 500 baht, no receipt. I guess they must have run out of them. As with any IO, be prepared for anything.

I'm off to Bangkok for a couple of days again soon, the day after my under consideration period is up. If my extension isn't ready when they say it should be, as it sometimes isn't, then that opens up an interesting question or two. Such as, it will seem to anyone who checks my passport, such as the hotel, that I'm on overstay. And technically I will be, as I only have permission to stay until the 29th (I'll be in Bangkok 30 and 31).

Edited by Bangkok Barry

13 hours ago, Gee Bangkok said:

I've stopped taking my passport to hotels in Thailand. I use my Thai driving licence only. Never had any problems with that. Maybe easier in the long run. 

I do the same, well I have my passport with me but use DL for check in. I dont think it changes anything as my DL has the passport number. Most hotels photograph or copy the DL and send it to immi.

My local immi told me not to bother with tm30 anymore 'we know where you are"  

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Jag har ett thailändskt körkort också, så jag kanske kan försöka visa det för att undvika hotellen för att uppdatera min adress och byta tm30 igen

The passport number is also on the driver's license 

14 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

It's very annoying to change tm30 every time you want to visit another city in Thailand

just have the wife register the room in her name, if they ask for passport tell them you don't have it with you

Wife does the check in at hotels, and if they ask me for ID, then I give them my pink ID or DL, as they can't do a TM 30 without the PP info, so Imm never knows where I am.

I've never done a TM30 after being O&A, and they've never questioned it, even when using PP.   Actually never knew it had to be done yeas ago, before they change the rule.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm off to Bangkok for a couple of days again soon, the day after my under consideration period is up. If my extension isn't ready when they say it should be, as it sometimes isn't, then that opens up an interesting question or two. Such as, it will seem to anyone who checks my passport, such as the hotel, that I'm on overstay. And technically I will be, as I only have permission to stay until the 29th (I'll be in Bangkok 30 and 31).

UPDATE:

Immigration called to say that my extension is ready, 10 days early which is a first for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gee Bangkok said:

Presuming the hotel you stay at does file a TM30, there's really no reason to think using your driver's license helps.....given your passport number is on your driver's license.

Dr. Jack is right that some offices (such as Chiangmai) on a hit or miss basis require one to update one's TM30 if you stay anywhere in Thailand that files a TM30 for you; however, the update process is easy and doesn't require one to present a new TM30 form with the usual attachments (I just showed up, said I needed to update so I could use the online TM47 reporting again, and they quickly entered some info on their computer and gave me a new TM30 Receipt of Notification).

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I am going to travel in another city with my Thai wife, we will stay in a few hotels for at least one week and after we will come back to hour house. I need to know if I will also have to make a new tm30 at my local immigration when I will come back to my wife's house or isn't necessary

How would they know you left?

42 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Presuming the hotel you stay at does file a TM30, there's really no reason to think using your driver's license helps.....given your passport number is on your driver's license.

Dr. Jack is right that some offices (such as Chiangmai) on a hit or miss basis require one to update one's TM30 if you stay anywhere in Thailand that files a TM30 for you; however, the update process is easy and doesn't require one to present a new TM30 form with the usual attachments (I just showed up, said I needed to update so I could use the online TM47 reporting again, and they quickly entered some info on their computer and gave me a new TM30 Receipt of Notification).

You are aware that some of us have DL that is original issue and over 50 years old?  ????  Thailand used to issue a lifetime DL which I believe is still accepted.

11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If my extension isn't ready when they say it should be, as it sometimes isn't, then that opens up an interesting question or two. Such as, it will seem to anyone who checks my passport, such as the hotel, that I'm on overstay. And technically I will be, as I only have permission to stay until the 29th (I'll be in Bangkok 30 and 31)

You would not be on overstay.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Anyway, as I added later, we received a call today to say my extension is ready, a remarkable 10 days early.

Good news.

To be clear for others ....don't be concerned if your permission of stay expires during under consideration period. 

The pause button has been hit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Good news.

To be clear for others ....don't be concerned if your permission of stay expires during under consideration period. 

The pause button has been hit. 

My concern was that the hotel and boys in brown on the street might not know that.

2 hours ago, geisha said:

Just get your wife to check in the hotels etc, I asked in Jomtien about 5/6 yrs ago and the boss said no, ne need for domestic travel.

Yes, and they told me there, with my retir. extension i don't need to report after i come back from abroad, as long as i left less than 30 days  

3 minutes ago, Mentors65 said:

Yes, and they told me there, with my retir. extension i don't need to report after i come back from abroad, as long as i left less than 30 days  

30 days has nothing to do with it.

If you return to Thailand with reentry permit you do not need to file a TM30.

You can stay out of Thailand as long as you like. 

Just as long as you return within your extension and reentry permit expiry. 

• Like 1