Travel in another city

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

30 days has nothing to do with it.

If you return to Thailand with reentry permit you do not need to file a TM30.

You can stay out of Thailand as long as you like. 

Just as long as you return within your extension and reentry permit expiry. 

Chonburi Immi told me as i wrote

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

30 days has nothing to do with it.

If you return to Thailand with reentry permit you do not need to file a TM30.

You can stay out of Thailand as long as you like. 

Just as long as you return within your extension and reentry permit expiry. 

Chonburi Immigr. told me as i wrote. 

On 5/19/2023 at 10:48 AM, CMBob said:

Presuming the hotel you stay at does file a TM30, there's really no reason to think using your driver's license helps.....given your passport number is on your driver's license.

Dr. Jack is right that some offices (such as Chiangmai) on a hit or miss basis require one to update one's TM30 if you stay anywhere in Thailand that files a TM30 for you; however, the update process is easy and doesn't require one to present a new TM30 form with the usual attachments (I just showed up, said I needed to update so I could use the online TM47 reporting again, and they quickly entered some info on their computer and gave me a new TM30 Receipt of Notification).

I use my Driver license to check into hotels. My DL does not have my passport number on it anymore as last year when I renewed my 5 year licenses for both my motorbike and private vehicle the DLT tied them all together using my Pink ID card number which is the same number as in my yellowbook. All addresses are the same as well.

Never in the past 10 years or so since I bought my Condo and house have I ever needed to do a new TM30 for immigration upon returning from a Long trip out of the country or the many trips we take around Thailand or from returning.

31 minutes ago, Pink Mist said:

I use my Driver license to check into hotels.

I use my passport to travel extensively in Thailand and exit and reenter Thailand.

Have never ever done a TM30 living same address for 10 years.

Only few crackpot immigration offices such as CM have not read change of rules 2020. 

Not everyone has a Pink card or TDL. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 5:06 PM, Mentors65 said:

Let your Thai wife check in at hotels with her Thai ID. 

80% of the hotels will ask your passport or thai driving license. only small 450 baht hotels will not bother asking you. Thai driving license is the key here.

It is/was  an idiotic order to do a report about returning from any other Province of Thailand. Stupid IMMI officers don't want to learn/accept that this rule doesn't exist any more.

As I have read before, for some Immi(-id...ts) it's a reason to 'win' cash tea money, without a receipt.

This old TM30 rule was and is completely needless. The pretendet reason is, the Immi wants to know where you stay. Fore this reason the Thai bureaucrazy devellopped the 90-days reporting. That doen't seem enough for some Immi bureaaucrats.

I'm very happy that our Immi in Pai (before Mae Hong Son) is working with a normal sanity.

• Sad 1

It's an awesome luxury hotel, staff told me that immigration ask them to check farang passport when they arrive, because they want to be sure he has a valid visa and don't stay here illegally 

• 2 weeks later...