Does Voltaren/diclofenac require prescription in Thailand?

cdemundo

6 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I took Celebrex, Naproxen and Diclofenac and nothing changed for months. I had pain in all fingers and toes. Then I tried this gel and the problems disappeared pretty quickly and never came back again. Of course could have been a special situation. But talk to your doctor if you can use it in addition to your pills. I stopped the pills when I took the gel.

Which gel please?

9 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Which gel please?

Difelene in the picture I posted before. Nowadays I don't use anything anymore and this for very long - can't even remember anymore for how long. No pain anymore without any medication.

I had extreme pain in all joints of the toes and hands for almost a year. Some days I could not even walk or cook. The pills didn't change anything. But again, my case and the result might be special. Long time I thought such a gel will not work and didn't try it. People using it should read the instructions.

On 5/18/2023 at 5:21 PM, Mickeymaus said:

I had severe joint pain for many months. But then it suddenly disappeared. Difelene shown in the picture helped me the most. 

10 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I took Celebrex, Naproxen and Diclofenac and nothing changed for months. I had pain in all fingers and toes. Then I tried this gel and the problems disappeared

This may surprise you but Diifelene is just a trade name for Diclofenac ?

28 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

This may surprise you but Diifelene is just a trade name for Diclofenac ?

No, really not. Difelene is Diclofenac Sodium in tablet form and Diclofenac Diethylammonium in gel form. The gel is a copy of Voltaren.

9 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

No, really not. Difelene is Diclofenac Sodium in tablet form and Diclofenac Diethylammonium in gel form. The gel is a copy of Voltaren.

Thanks???? just made me waste an hour of my life looking into the difference between the 2 sodium and potassium(Difelene).

I didn't realise you were talking about the tablet form as apposed to the gel.

However, without getting too much into the science of it all it does seem that there is differences.

The main differences between the gels/tablets is that Diethylammonium, whilst basically the same, has been found to absorb into the skin at a far greater rate and is more protective of people with high blood pressure.

On 5/19/2023 at 5:44 PM, Mickeymaus said:

Difelene in the picture I posted before. Nowadays I don't use anything anymore and this for very long - can't even remember anymore for how long. No pain anymore without any medication.

I had extreme pain in all joints of the toes and hands for almost a year. Some days I could not even walk or cook. The pills didn't change anything. But again, my case and the result might be special. Long time I thought such a gel will not work and didn't try it. People using it should read the instructions.

"People using it should read the instructions."

Thanks for this advice, I was just rubbing some on when I had pain.

The instructions say 4 times a day and a 4 inch stripe of gel for lower extremity application.

I was not using enough or frequently enough, even still I got some relief.

I had previously used for pain in my hands and it relieved it very well, but again I was using less and less frequently than recommended,

Also, some pretty specific warnings about risk that are good to know.

Sometimes I think those warnings are very conservative to protect the manufacturer, but who knows.

• Like 1