HR states I must cancel visa on departure

Hello, I tried to use the search function and couldn't find an answer to this.

I'm leaving my current employer and Thailand next month. My HR lady says that I must go, in person, to cancel my work permit and visa the day of my departure. She says that it has to be within 24 hours of leaving. If not within 24 hours, she claims I'll have to pay a fine. It's this true? Can this be done online? This is in Samut Prakan. 

Thanks in advance. 

Yes in principle you have to go in person or with agency on last day, and leave the Country by midnight of same day. Note some paperworks needs to be prepared in advance. You can ask for 7 days extension paying 1900 THB, this time is given to prepare luggage or organise departure but your visa and WP will be Void already

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

She's partly right.  Yes, you need to go to Immigration and cancel your Extension (and work permit at the Dept of Labor). Technically you then need to leave Thailand immediately, but in practice you'll get a 7-day extension (1,900 baht) to give you time to prepare your departure.

Screwed for the last time.

• Love It 1

I tried to do this in Pathum Thani a few years ago, I turned upbat the labour office and they didnt want to know, I couldnt turn in the work permit.

They pointed me to the Royal Decree of a few years ago which simply put the onus on employer to report your leaving within 15 days.

I still have the old work permit.

On 5/19/2023 at 9:49 AM, justin1973 said:

My HR lady says that I must go, in person, to cancel my work permit and visa the day of my departure. She says that it has to be within 24 hours of leaving

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:
On 5/19/2023 at 9:49 AM, justin1973 said:

My HR lady says that I must go, in person, to cancel my work permit and visa the day of my departure. She says that it has to be within 24 hours of leaving

Ask Ms HR how you can cancel the work Permit 'within 24 hours of leaving'