Red shirts on the streets again?

OneMoreFarang

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Before the election he said he will return to Thailand in the week after the election.

Where is he? Did I miss the news of his arrival?

I don't see him coming back anytime soon if ever. 

With Move Forward there might be a new start, relative clean, and without much baggage.

If Thaksin would return, we can be pretty sure that he wants the be in the center of the stage. And people who want peace don't want that.

My prediction is Thaksin will cry in the desert how unfair this all is. How sad. ???? 

You still do not get to understand the move he made ????.....by uniting The Rural AND the Young to get a civil government

The spoiler could only be a small Kingmaker party to switch the balance if very narrow ????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What is going on?

They found out where you live via your ISP. Should have used a VPN when posting here.  Best thing is to hang out in Soi Cowboy until that closes then head for Thermaes. They will all be gone by the time you get home.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just drove along Central World. I saw a lot of police and some red-shirts in their full "uniform".

What is going on?

Maybe that was me.  I had on my red shirt today.  It means nothing other than I like the color 'red.'   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

A number of inflammatory, troll posts removed.  Please stay on topic and cease with the commentary about other posters.  Continued baiting will result in a suspension.  

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm thinking civil unrest before the election is deemed 'null an void' by the generals.

You know it's coming.

Yep.  Like you, I'm waiting for the charges and the arrests.  Although, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.  ????

17 hours ago, david555 said:

Not by me ,but it was in Thai local news that time ......

but that rule exist that for bullion gold bring in Thailand need for import license is needed or keep it at Airport vault up to departure ...

So i would not be surprised it could being happened as local news reported that time after occupation ended

(not any link included in this post...)

Well quite a lot of things went on at the airport that were never reported.

I do remember a clip that was aired of the female staff at the duty free shops running when the mob arrived; and I mean running, taking off their shoes and really running - fast. They were scared.

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well quite a lot of things went on at the airport that were never reported.

I do remember a clip that was aired of the female staff at the duty free shops running when the mob arrived; and I mean running, taking off their shoes and really running - fast. They were scared.

I arrived at the airport when the Yellow Shirts first arrived. They were a young armed militia. I initially mistook them for security as they were erecting a roadblock.

I parked my car and flew out on one of the last flights to Phnom Penh.

Got stranded in PP for a few more days than I originally planned, but it was the best kept secret in Asia at the time so wasn't bothered.

Funnily enough, I was in Phnom Penh years before when the coup happened, and watched in unfold on BBC in Heart of Darkness and Howie's next door. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Chicksaw said:

Guess you didn't  have many Thai acquaintances.

I've no idea what you are on about. 

I didn't live there in 2023 and can't see the relevance of showing this. 

I lived there for 2 decades so have many friends there. 

Care to explain? 

On 5/20/2023 at 7:04 AM, Neeranam said:

Are you serious?

He hated foreigners -  raised visa from 500 baht o 1900 baht, PR from 9 to 90k, etc.

He fooled the countryside people buy giving them free phones which he then made a fortune off of as they had to use his network.

I lived in Khon Kaen at the time and he KILLED innocent people with no trial. 

Unbelievable, if you think he helped anyone. 

Nah he loved us, that's why he kept the pound to over 70 THB for all that time.

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 4:44 PM, BritManToo said:

I'm thinking civil unrest before the election is deemed 'null an void' by the generals.

You know it's coming.

also, thaksins claims of a definite return mid july might be stirring them up.

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What about the yellow shirts who took over the airport?

Not much better IMO………….but at least they didn’t burn down shopping malls, or try to kill the prime minister..

Edited by hotandsticky