Red shirts on the streets again?

OneMoreFarang

I don't think it will end up a red shirt shirts thing. If the peoples vote is treated with disrespect all people with all colours will join a street protest and I'm wondering if the soldiers in military and police in force will obey any orders. Respect is lost. I pray for peace and hope it gets settled soon. 

Enjoy your day all.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 5:51 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

They should have declared those red-shirts a terrorist organization at that time.

No red-shirts, no problems. 

And never forget!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVNS4BNSoBa5buig1HKPo

....and the yellow shirts?

People will only stand so much.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 9:33 AM, Neeranam said:

Huh? 

I lived in the city, where most are well educated. 

If you have relatives in the poor countryside, you can listen to them if you want, they don't realize they were bought. 

Typical elitist comment who believe they are better than other people because they are poor. You should always keep an open mind to the fact that you could be wrong. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/19/2023 at 5:41 PM, foreverlomsak said:

Don't wear a shirt then you can't be accused of wearing the wrong color, indecent exposure maybe

What's worse, red shirt riots or all these big titties?

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2023 at 5:51 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

They should have declared those red-shirts a terrorist organization at that time.

No red-shirts, no problems. 

And never forget!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVNS4BNSoBa5buig1HKPo

and a lot less problems than there would be if they don't keep the soldiers out. Anything is better than having the country run by this unelected caretaker PM.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 6:26 PM, steven100 said:

Red shirts always want to make problem ....   everyone knows that ....

We have had many problems during the last 9 years with having our democracy taken away by unelected soldiers.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/25/2023 at 7:08 AM, ADog said:

Nah he loved us, that's why he kept the pound to over 70 THB for all that time.

Really! The soldiers lost around 10 Baht to the British pound from about 2014 until now.

3 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

so long as they are of an appropriate gender, otherwise indecent

I would call these big fat ugly shirtless guys with their big titties indecent, wouldn't you?

• Thumbs Up 1

Given the election turnout and the fact that it looks like Move Forward won't be allowed to be in government, I'm hardly surpised that groups of any colour are starting to be seen. The people are not happy and they've every right to feel that way.  Why bother having an election if you're not going to accept the result?  All goes to prove what we all knew anyway, the current goverment is not a people's government - the army have been in charge since 2014.  Oh, sorry Mr Prayuth, you changed jackets, of course you're a civillian now ????

Apparently there's a new lot, well new to me anyway.....Orange Shirts.  There are whispers, not that quiet, that there is going to be big trouble if the election result is not upheld.

I support their aims - Thailand deserves real democracy but unless they are well funded and armed, they will simply be put down. Lives will be lost. What a sad state of affairs.

• Like 1

A little while ago I asked a lone policeman on a lonely corner what he thinks will happen. Simple, Move Forward win Prayut still in power. I took his prediction with little thought at the time, but by Jingo, the chap was right. And yes the red yellow picnics will most likely continue. I guess whoever is the most powerful and violent will win.

Time to move on with my day. Enjoy your week all. 

7 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

A little while ago I asked a lone policeman on a lonely corner what he thinks will happen. Simple, Move Forward win Prayut still in power. I took his prediction with little thought at the time, but by Jingo, the chap was right. And yes the red yellow picnics will most likely continue. I guess whoever is the most powerful and violent will win.

Time to move on with my day. Enjoy your week all. 

I have a friend who has worked around top Army folks for decades. I asked him the same question and he gave me the same answer. Move Forward won and the Army will still be around and have its share of power. 

A peaceful transition period with shared power may be an ideal step forward. The trick to prevent weaponizing the situation will be to keep vindictive Dr. Mr. Thaksin at bay.

1 hour ago, rabas said:

I have a friend who has worked around top Army folks for decades. I asked him the same question and he gave me the same answer. Move Forward won and the Army will still be around and have its share of power. 

A peaceful transition period with shared power may be an ideal step forward. The trick to prevent weaponizing the situation will be to keep vindictive Dr. Mr. Thaksin at bay.

It's so not about Thaksin any more. Once one group tastes power , that's it. All that is left is to fight amongst themselves and everyone that gets in their way. Don't worry, many more Thaksins will come and go, just now it's between a young upcoming chap and the group he is insulting. Wether or not the young chap is aligned with others, thaksins pet rabbit or whatever, is also irrelevant. Doesn't matter. You ruffle feathers , whoever you are, you seek trouble.

On 5/19/2023 at 7:02 PM, Chicksaw said:

Great, we need muscle. And the reds have that. Should give the thugs in fatigues, more correctly their leaders, pause before they try to subvert this election too.

Slava, Pita. Slava, Thaksin.

interesting use of the word "we"

On 6/4/2023 at 11:00 AM, NoshowJones said:

We have had many problems during the last 9 years with having our democracy taken away by unelected soldiers.

its not our democracy and we have not voted

On 6/4/2023 at 11:18 AM, NoshowJones said:

Really! The soldiers lost around 10 Baht to the British pound from about 2014 until now.

a result of the Uk's demise and little to do with the Thai military

• Confused 1

On 5/19/2023 at 7:02 PM, Chicksaw said:

Great, we need muscle. And the reds have that. Should give the thugs in fatigues, more correctly their leaders, pause before they try to subvert this election too.

Slava, Pita. Slava, Thaksin.

Ah, Jeff Savage, I was wondering where you were! Big hard man throwing his stick (then realising he should go and pick it up again).

Tough guy starting crying in court too. Anyway, hope you're well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/may/27/jeff-savage-thailand-redshirts

On 5/19/2023 at 6:29 PM, Henryford said:

Just what the military want. The perfect excuse to over ride the elections and say sorry but we need another coup to restore Peace and Order.

Or false flag?