British Ambassador to Thailand, presented a certificate to Bert Elson BEM, our Honorary Consul to Pattaya

snoop1130

346807699_229511153109169_2748165448173014953_n.jpg

Bert had been serving as Honorary Consul to Pattaya between 2013 and 2023 and had provided exceptional services to British nationals in Pattaya during his tenure. He had worked tirelessly to ensure the safety and well-being of British citizens in Pattaya. Bert had been a key point of contact for the Consular team in Bangkok. We wish him best of luck on his retirement.

Full Story: https://web.facebook.com/100064882562352/posts/pfbid02DtUePLdABEpbaCniFdr2nhT8ijX6QY5eTFXCSPCp8h7U6CjCDdbP8XSns2gCX33Al/?_rdc=1&_rdr

5 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Without trying for a moment to belittle his efforts and, as a Brit living in Pattaya for almost all of Bert's tenure, I've never heard of him.

Just have to be in the right circle I guess. When the Expats used to meet in the Grand Sole Hotel, afterwards a gang were in his bar across 2nd Rd. Tropical Berts was well known back then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Just have to be in the right circle I guess. When the Expats used to meet in the Grand Sole Hotel, afterwards a gang were in his bar across 2nd Rd. Tropical Berts was well known back then.

Is that the posh-end?

As I've never been to Patts.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

His restaurant is still called Tropical on Soi Khao Noi, opposite True Blue Aussie bar.