Phuket Immigration Lauded for In-Hospital Visa Extensions Following Speedboat Collision

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This provision of support and service by the Phuket Immigration Division has earned the admiration of the foreign tourists, contributing to a positive image amid the unfortunate event.

As if they had any choice in the matter... what were they going to do, fine the patients for over-staying?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, stoner said:

who needs doctors. 

i would hope the company who operates the boat has offered up front to cover any medical costs of all the injured. 

So would I, the operators must have insurance, right?

I have my doubts!

• Haha 1

"Lieutenant Sirisuvann has coordinated with all the hospitals, instructing them to inform the Phuket Immigration Division directly if any foreign patients, deemed by the medical staff as needing continuous treatment, wished to extend their stay in the kingdom."

So if the foreign patients needed continuous treatment, that is they must stay in hospital, isn't it obvious they would need to stay in the Kingdom? Its not wishing to extend their stay, its because they were in a disastrous accident? Like they have a choice?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Under the adept leadership of the Chief of Immigration and his deputy, supported by the Head of Immigration Division 6 and the Chief of Phuket Immigration Division, a senior Police Lieutenant was assigned the critical task of monitoring the health conditions of the foreign victims.

She was tasked with facilitating visa extensions for those who required ongoing medical treatment in Thailand.

Lieutenant Sirisuvann has coordinated with all the hospitals, instructing them to inform the Phuket Immigration Division directly if any foreign patients, deemed by the medical staff as needing continuous treatment, wished to extend their stay in the kingdom.

Look at all the "Top Brass" involved,  Always impressive to see a well disciplined and solid chain of      command, and very reassuring to know that they can cope with one off incidents like this at the drop of a hat.                    How very exciting, yet predictably selfless, to see four of  the most senior officers of the various divisions  not hesitating to get involved at the highest level. it must have been awe-inspiring watching these seasoned professionals put down their mobile phones, and swing into action,  like a well oiled decision making  machine               

It's only right that they get some well earned recognition for the  brilliant solution to a problem that was obviously a logistical nightmare, that would have confounded  and  possibly overwhelmed more junior officers

Sending the female officer around the island to visit a few hospitals, is the stuff of genius absolutely brilliant, on several counts:  she could do it on her motorbike so no need to risk letting her loose in the BMW.  She may well discover a few Victims who are not really  badly injured, and who knows, might even be the odd overstayer amongst them

Meanwhile the four senior officers involved can sit back and  bask in well deserved  glory and admiration from  tourists and locals alike not to mention fellow professionals from the comfort and safety of their air conditioned offices 

On 5/20/2023 at 2:46 AM, hotchilli said:

As if they had any choice in the matter... what were they going to do, fine the patients for over-staying?

I thought I read on both Thai Visa and Asean Now, about that very thing happening to tourists, that were in a hospital due to illness or injury, and who were unable to depart Thailand at the end of their visa or visa exempt entry into Thailand.