Money saving ideas

bignok

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Make your own baked beans

Use every tea bag 2x

i use loose tea and make a pot--tea lovers unite! bi lou chun chinese green tea for the win!

I avoid the beans as they tend to make me toot in front of the ladies

speaking of ladies and saving $$..do unto yourself what you would normally do unto others ????

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Never get married, never have kids, never have pets........anything else is just peanuts.

(I've been married twice, have four kids and had four dogs and two horses......so I know what I'm talking about)

Sounds like a miserable life, never have all the fun life can offer, as well great memorable experiences.

Each and one for itself, but I skipped the baby part, and do not regret that yet. 

The best saving trick, is to drink less alchohol, it will keep you away from doing stupid <deleted>.

Dicipline is also free to use, and comes with a guarantee saving your finances in the long term.

• Like 1

My favorite money saving tip that I actually read is that you should put a paper towel into a near-empty jar of mayonnaise, swirl it around, and then pull it out and rub It all over your face.

For a "free facial".

When I lived in a small village in England, a guy came in the hardware store with a broken level and was trying to buy just the glass bubble part to repair one he had.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:50 PM, Lacessit said:

1/  Give up alcohol. It's a Class 1 carcinogen anyway.

2/ Learn Thai. Good mental exercise, and plenty of free instruction.

3/ Take a songthaew instead of a taxi.

4/ Learn to cook for yourself.

5/ Take the free shuttle bus between Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang.

6/ In a new town, give yourself time to look around for accommodation in the 500 - 700 baht/night range. See any room first before committing.

7/ Buy secondhand clothing.

8/ Buy secondhand cars and scooters

9/ Shop in the local markets for fruit and vegetables in season.

10/ Exercise to stay healthy, cheaper than hospitals. Don't buy gym memberships, everything required is on YouTube.

11/ Only apply for a re-entry permit when you know you will need it.

12/ Do your visa extensions yourself. Agents charge about 3000 baht/hour for their services, better in your pocket than theirs.

13/ If you must have a GF or wife, find one who is also a Cheap Charlie.

14/ Never ever tell anyone else how much money you have.

15/ If you pay more than 200 baht for a 1 hour massage, you are paying too much.

16/ Be law-abiding and non-confrontational. Disputes here can be costly.

17/ Do not buy property in Thailand. Rent what is affordable.

2/ Learn Thai. Good mental exercise, and plenty of free instruction.

Where? How?