Is immigration still issuing TM 6 Card in the passport?

I noticed after I left the airport (May 19, 2023) that they didn't staple the TM6 arrival/departure card inside my passport. 

Did they stop issuing those or did the immigration officer just forget? I need to renew my Non-immigrant visa next week and I don't know if my paperwork will be accepted without that TM 6 card.

• Confused 1

I last entered Thailand via Nong Khai land border in Feb so completed a TM6, when I left via BKK last Monday I handed it to the IO with my passport & got handed it back as they were not interested in it. 

Not expecting to do a TM6 when I return on 31st May. 

Just done my extension and after entering Thailand in 2022 did not get a TM6.

You need to report your arrival back into Thailand at immigration and get the relevant form stapled in passport.

I had to do this before they would accept my extension application on the day as I didn’t know and thought the re entry stamp was enough.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, chezy86 said:

You need to report your arrival back into Thailand at immigration and get the relevant form stapled in passport.

I had to do this before they would accept my extension application on the day as I didn’t know and thought the re entry stamp was enough.

Which immigration office.

Did you enter with a re-entry permit? 

You are referring to a TM30.

That should not be required. 

As mentioned above by others, from my experience, the TM6 is only needed for land crossings. I arrived from Thakhek, Laos 2 days ago via the 3rd Friendship Bridge at Nakorn Phanom. 

In addition, it is no longer needed when using the Section 38 app to do the TM30 / 24 hour notification of residence. I, however, still fill it in for land arrivals. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Being issued at land crossings.

Not issued at airports. 

You will not need TM6 for extension 

Be careful! I have one in my passport from three years ago. When extending my retirement visa at Jomtien recently I got taken to task for not making a copy of it, even though I had entered the code. And of course the date of entry in my passport was copied. Another one of the mysteries of the orient? Or an immigration official having a bad day? Which is understandable, considering the pressure they are under at Jomtien. 

Edited by Gandtee

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

Be careful! I have one in my passport from three years ago. When extending my retirement visa at Jomtien recently I got taken to task for not making a copy of it, even though I had entered the code. And of course the date of entry in my passport was copied. Another one of the mysteries of the orient? Or an immigration official having a bad day? Which is understandable, considering the pressure they are under at Jomtien. 

You should have neither filled in the TM6 number nor kept the old form in your passport, as it's not for your most recent entry.

More likely than not, the IO was just confused. It's standard procedure to process extensions for those who recently entered at an airport without TM6 form / number. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office.

Did you enter with a re-entry permit? 

You are referring to a TM30.

That should not be required. 

Nonthaburi IO made a point of making sure I got a new TM30 done when returning from the USA recently. So as usual, depends on which IO you have to report to.

Edited by lordgrinz

The TM6 is no longer handed out by Airlines, for you to fill out before arrival. This means, that you dont have one to hand to immigration, so they dont have the departure part to staple into your passport. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, couchpotato said:

Its been nearly a year now for this TM6 change, so you should try to keep up with the news.

2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Its been nearly a year now for this TM6 change, so you should try to keep up with the news.

it surley must have been an illusion that i have been given a tm6 on reentry in march this year then.. i will be a good boy and keep up with the news as u suggest.. have a good day further:)