Oxygen for home usr

billd766

Can the mods put this into the right forum please with a heading of Personal Oxygen Bottle

I apologise for going off topic but for some reason I cannot find the health forum.

Does anybody know where I can get hold of a small personal oxygen bottle as I am having a problem with breathing at times.

I have an appointment at the local state hospital on Monday 29th May.

I will ask there if they have any for loan, rent or hire, or if they know somewhere around Kamphaeng Phet where I can get hold of one.

I can walk about 25 to 30 metres and then I have to sit down, relax and take slow deep breaths for a few minutes before I can do anything.

It is so frustrating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poppysdad said:

Hi, I also live in KPP, just outside of city. If you come into town head towards the government hospital and go past it then turn left at the traffic lights and there is a fairly large medical equipment shop. Lady speaks excellent English and I have seen oxygen cylinders inside her shop. 

I think I know the one you are on about. It is on the inner ring road just past the 7/11 on the right.

1 hour ago, poppysdad said:

Ps, she also stocks an oxygen concentrator. 

Hopefully all I need is the bottle, a regulator and a mask.

I just spoke to my wife and she also knows where that place is so we will go up in the morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Whatever the problem may be, I hope all goes well for you.

Thank you.

I am 78 and was fine up until I slipped over last October and I have gone slowly downhill since.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The trouble breathing you have, has a cause, and probably one that can be treated/managed. Frankly I think you should go to the hospital NOW. Or tomorrow at the latest. You really need the provincial hospital for this.

While you are there, your wife can pick up the oxygen.

But I cannot emphasize enough that more than oxygen is required. Do you have any known heart or lung problems?

I had 2 stents put in back in 2006 and my heartbeat is arrhythmatic but it has been for years. My BP is OK but a little low and my weight is is a bit high.

I quit smoking back in 1970 and I quit drinking alcohol in 2020 as I found that I was drinking 3 or 4 750ml bottles of Hong Thong a week. I have drunk a bottle with ice and soda in one night before, but I now only drink water with Oral Rehydration Salts (orange flavoured) with Blue Boy Sala to make it taste better,

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I had 2 stents put in back in 2006 and my heartbeat is arrhythmatic but it has been for years.

In terms of your arrhythmia,  I take it you're on some sort of medication to maintain it?

Not sure if you've seen this before, I've found this very useful for performing the odd quick check, the unit links to your mobile, and can e-mail the scan to your physician at the press of a button.

Screenshot_20230523-012622_Chrome.jpg.236d37fd7e14556b0a55defc6dc8e1c7.jpg

If you Google portable ECG monitor you'll see this as well as others.

Good luck, and as Sheryl has said, go tomorrow. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RayWright said:

In terms of your arrhythmia,  I take it you're on some sort of medication to maintain it?

Not sure if you've seen this before, I've found this very useful for performing the odd quick check, the unit links to your mobile, and can e-mail the scan to your physician at the press of a button.

Screenshot_20230523-012622_Chrome.jpg.236d37fd7e14556b0a55defc6dc8e1c7.jpg

If you Google portable ECG monitor you'll see this as well as others.

Good luck, and as Sheryl has said, go tomorrow. 

thank you for the information.

I am using my Microlife BP tester and it shows my arrhythmia,  

I take it you're on some sort of medication to maintain it?

Yes I am and go regularly to the hospital doctors for a check up.

11 hours ago, puck2 said:

Dear billd766;  I have never seen you, but i have read a lot of your comments in this forum. I liked them and in my heart you are like my brother.

Therefore i wish you good luck and that your health problems will improve and will be solved.

I hope the good advices of the forum members will work.

Your brother puck2

Thank you for your support and friendship.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

My wife had her own car before we met many years ago.

She is a good driver and hopefully a life saver for me.

One of the hardest things I have ever done was to say goodnight and I love you to both my wife and son tonight. I will always be here in spirit and hopefully in body also for a few more years

Hopefully I will be able to say it many more times but I am not sure of that yet.

I had a bad sleepless night on Friday and slept for 3 hours during the day on Saturday. Saturday night I go less sleep and slept for 5 hours during Sunday day.

I felt terrible all over the weekend.

I think I have been east of Suez for too long.

Monday 22nd was the day I first met my Thai wife 30 years ago in 1993. Today I celebrate my 79th birthday but on Monday night I was convinced that I would not wake up this morning.

However my internal bladder alarm soon put me to rights again at 1am, 2:45, 3:45, 5:15, 7:15 when I shouted at the neighbours dogs loud enough to wake my wife, who asked if I was OK and finally at 8:15 when I got up.

I am sorry about the post above but I was convinced that I would not wake up this morning as the Grim Reaper would come for me in the night.

I know it is silly but that was my thoughts then.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The likelihood of the Reaper coming is directly proportional to you not seeking medical attention. As I have said repeatedly this should not wait for your next appointment and warrants an immediate visit to the ER.

That is where I went this morning.

After checking in and having my BP taken I was taken straight to the emergency room. The duty doctor wasn't the one I normally see and he spoke mainly to my wife.

All he came up with is I really need an electric oxygen regenerator, which they don't have for just anybody to use. They do have oxygen tanks as I noticed on the way out, but I didn't get one of those either.

There isn't that much more I can do now, just hope that I last out.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

That is where I went this morning.

After checking in and having my BP taken I was taken straight to the emergency room. The duty doctor wasn't the one I normally see and he spoke mainly to my wife.

All he came up with is I really need an electric oxygen regenerator, which they don't have for just anybody to use. They do have oxygen tanks as I noticed on the way out, but I didn't get one of those either.

There isn't that much more I can do now, just hope that I last out.

Did he say what the cause of this shortness of breath is? Nothing you have mentioned about your medical history explains it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Did he say what the cause of this shortness of breath is? Nothing you have mentioned about your medical history explains it.

He didn't explain anything of use to either my wife or me.

All they seemed to do was take my BP, ask my weight and take my temperature.

He did say that he couldn't issue my meds as he was only the ER doctor, nor did he have any idea about oxygen cylinders.

I did see some outside when I was waiting for my wife to pick me up.

I don't think that there is much else we can do at this point.

If the Grim Reaper comes for me, then he comes, but I don't think I am on his schedule for a while yet.

50 minutes ago, billd766 said:

He didn't explain anything of use to either my wife or me.

All they seemed to do was take my BP, ask my weight and take my temperature.

He did say that he couldn't issue my meds as he was only the ER doctor, nor did he have any idea about oxygen cylinders.

I did see some outside when I was waiting for my wife to pick me up.

I don't think that there is much else we can do at this point.

If the Grim Reaper comes for me, then he comes, but I don't think I am on his schedule for a while yet.

This is simply making no sense at all.

What hospital was this? They did nto even do a blood count or Xray? Doctor did nto even listen to your lungs?

You are saying you have never received a diagnosis of anything that would account for your shortness of breath?

Diagnosis is the first step. Can't treat without it, and makes no sense to declare it untreatable without first diagnosing what it is.

Either there was massive malpractice here or you are omitting vital background information.

• Thumbs Up 1