Doubts on my Retired Visa, please help me to understand, I am going to exit Thailand and I need to Know.

2 hours ago, JackGats said:

Thailand's "retirement" visa extensions have one good point compared to similar retirement visas elsewhere, ie you can stay more than 6 straight months outside Thailand without losing your visa (provided you of course come back to Thailand on time to renew before the due date).

What is the significance of the "6 months straight....." 

You can stay out for any period provided you return with a reentry permit prior to it's expiry.

You refer to "without losing your visa...." 

Your visa is USED what you have is a permission of stay protected by your reentry permit 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You don't understand.

You are on extension based on retirement.

Your non O (single entry visa) is used upon entry and granted you a 90 day permission of stay.

Prior to expiry of that permit you can obtain an extension to that permission of stay. 

Visas are not extended.

Please take a look at the visa stamp I posted. It says "visa-class: NON-RE". It doesn't say "visa-class: NON-Ext". What is there not to understand? What is to be gained in calling a NON-RE whatnot "extension" instead of "retirement visa"?

Edited by JackGats
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Please take a look at the visa stamp I posted. It says "visa-class: NON-RE". It doesn't say "visa-class: NON-Ext". What is there not to understand? What is to be gained in calling a NON-RE whatnot "extension" instead of "retirement visa"?

I always thought they stamped non-RE on an entry referring to a Re-Entry permit.  Is that not the case?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I always thought they stamped non-RE on an entry referring to a Re-Entry permit.  Is that not the case?

That is the question. I thought it meant this:

20230523_145903.jpg

Edited by JackGats

OP

You are free to leave without 90 day report.

You are free to return at any time prior to May 2024 to stay until 1 May 2024 (or extend again).

You use re-entry permit for return and make sure stamp is 1 May 2024.

You have no requirement for insurance.

1 hour ago, JackGats said:

Non-RE has nothing to do with retirement. It just states that the entry for made using a re-entry permit that protects an existing Non Immigrant permission to stay. You will see the same annotation if, for instance, you return with a re-entry permit that protects a permission to stay based on marriage to a Thai.

In many countries, the terms "visa" and "permission to stay" are synonymous. That is not the case in Thailand, and a failure to understand that can lead to various serious problems.

• Like 2