Current financial requirement for marriage extension

I have planned to move away from from monthly deposits from overseas and to use money in the bank instead. I need to know what the amount is now and how long the funds have to be in the bank prior to the extension, and does it matter where the funds are coming from ? Sorry to ask this question , probably cited many times before.

I believe the amount is still 400,000 baht and must be in an account in your name.  I think it has to be in the account 2 or 3 months  before applying for an extension.  I use this method of extension and it works ok.  Having to go to the bank to get the stamps and paperwork the same day you apply for the extension is an inconvenience.

If any more seasoned board members have more accurate information, please correct my post.  I am not sure about the account regarding whether or not your spouses name can be included as in a joint account. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, patekatek said:

am not sure about the account regarding whether or not your spouses name can be included as in a joint account. 

Joint account will not be accepted for marriage extension 

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, pickettywitch said:

If Im short on the 400k, can i still show over 40k month coming from overseas pension deposits ???

I believe you can use income or a combination of income and balance to achieve the 400k.

1 hour ago, pickettywitch said:

If Im short on the 400k, can i still show over 40k month coming from overseas pension deposits ???

If you can show an unbroken history of 40k+ baht deposited in your account every month, this can be used as the financial proof. This assumes that you are not from a country where the embassy still provides income letters.