Thai Anti-Cannabis Campaigner Pleased with Coalition’s MOU, Urges to Shut Down All Cannabis Shops

snoop1130

56 minutes ago, h90 said:

you are right on that. Heroin/Morphium etc makes them only passive.

It is also what they will do to get their hands on them that cause much misery for many......so again, I would want to know, beforehand! Finding out from a belated test isn't a great preventative measure. I want society to protect me from these people. 

51 minutes ago, paddypower said:

well said...that's why we retired to Thailand. Great country. lots of laws and uniforms - but not much gets enforced.

yes that makes it nice here........

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rvdk said:

Absolute nonsense. And what about alcohol are you ok with that? How old are you? 

yes actually people start with Alcohol....On Alcohol is the death penalty in Saudi Arabia. And also other crimes are punished hard. When I read some comments here, I wonder why these people stay in Thailand while Saudi Arabia must be much better.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Personally, I am somewhat okay with recreational cannabis as long as there is some form of control. However, the current situation lacks any control whatsoever. If the reclassification of cannabis as an addictive substance means that there will be some control, I can support that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, rvdk said:

Absolute nonsense. And what about alcohol are you ok with that? How old are you? 

I don't drink alcohol. But at least it is legal. Marijuana is legal here, but there are many places it isn't, and for good reason too.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

You mean kill all the drug users here? There's like 280,000 persons incarcerated here for drugs (mostly meth). All of the prisoners in for cannabis (~ 4,000) have already been released. Should they be rounded up as as well, and murdered? Just askin'.

Maybe workshop those ideas a bit before publishing them. ????

No, I wouldn't murder them. But at least put down......and if not put down.....then severely punished.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Yeah, most of us "start" with "Air".

Gateway drug is a stoopid phrase/concept, used mostly by simpletons who have zero valid points supporting their misconceptions.

Air is a gateway. I started, next thing I know, I'm inhaling the stuff. I fear for my future.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I urge this simple minded man to consider asking all breweries to shut down too. They are responsible for far more deaths, injuries and catastrophic incidents, than ganga. 

Perhaps he should try get high. At least he would then have some knowledge of the crusade he is foolishly leading. 

Reefer_Madness_(1936).jpg

from a seeder at Pirate Bay: Reefer Madness - 1936 - Anti Cannabis propoganda - Colourized and restored Reefer Madness (originally released as Tell Your Children and sometimes titled as The Burning Question, Dope Addict, Doped Youth and Love Madness) is a well-known 1936 American propaganda exploitation film revolving around the melodramatic events that ensue when high school students are lured by pushers to try "marijuana" — from a hit and run accident, to manslaughter, suicide, attempted rape, and descent into madness. The film was directed by Louis Gasnier and starred a cast composed of mostly unknown bit actors. Originally financed by a church group under the title Tell Your Children, the film was intended to be shown to parents as a morality tale attempting to teach them about the dangers of cannabis use.[1] However, soon after the film was shot, it was purchased by producer Dwain Esper, who re-cut the film for distribution on the exploitation film circuit.[1] The film was then reissued under several titles in addition to Reefer Madness, including Dope Addict, Doped Youth, Love Madness, and The Burning Question.[1][2] The film did not gain an audience until it was rediscovered in the 1970s and gained new life as a piece of unintentional comedy among advocates of cannabis policy reform.[1][3] Today, it is in the public domain in the United States and is considered a cult film.[3] It inspired a musical satire, which premiered off-Broadway in 2001, and a film based on the musical in 2005.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, h90 said:

You would be also aggressive if someone bans something you like....you aren't allowed to have a beer anymore, or no more pork chops for you...they are illegal.

That is more than understandable...What I don't get is why some people think they are entitled to regulate someone else life.

I don't drink beer and pork chops.....meh.....I can go vegetarian if I want.

12 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

This is the common response from those who make preposterous statements, and are then unable to handle any criticism. So they go on the offensive and claim others are aggressive. And then they throw in an all-encompassing insult (their drug habits.). I get it, we learn this sort of behavior in the school yard, and then many grow out of it.

We'll be sure to treat your subsequent posts with more gentleness so as to not come across as too aggressive.

Thanks for proving my point

1 hour ago, h90 said:

and now without control do you see the dead people from a cannabis overdose on the sidewalk? No....It was a hype on the beginning now it is kind of boring and no major problems. Sure less problems than beer causes.

It's a major problem. People who have serious effects from using cannabis are going to hospitals and using up healthcare resources. Some may argue whether or not this puts a heavy burden on healthcare, but saying it's not a major problem is just not true.

Alcohol consumption is a very very big problem. Merely stating that something causes fewer issues than beer does not hold much weight.

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, PPMMUU said:

It's a major problem. People who have serious effects from using cannabis are going to hospitals and using up healthcare resources. Some may argue whether or not this puts a heavy burden on healthcare, but saying it's not a major problem is just not true.

Alcohol consumption is a very very big problem. Merely stating that something causes fewer issues than beer does not hold much weight.

Exactly. It is a dangerous drug

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, PPMMUU said:

Can you enlighten me - what are these "serious effects" (emphasis on serious)  that people are going to hospitals with from using cannabis? I have not seen anything mentioned on the Thai news channels so am curious. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1