Future Thailand PM at odds with cannabis sellers and government over drug law reform

snoop1130

Wait, this writer KNOWS who will be the next PM? I need his crystal ball, for a lot of things.

As far as the classification goes, obviously there will be some major compromises made, or as I will predict, an outright looking the other way.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I think it's a poor translation. I guess it meant to read "becoming addicted to cannabis is harder [more difficult] that becoming addicted to alcohol and cigarettes...."

fair enough. thnks.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Cannabis is nowhere near as addictive as cigarettes, where do they get this misinformation from?  And what difference would  a prescription make ?  It certainly hasn't helped the millions who are addicted to valium and other antidepressants that  the quacks hand out like toffees

"medical" cannabis is a relatively  new thing  how many of these quacks are even qualified or experienced in prescribing it at all

After smoking it for over 40 years with no ill effects , no depression , no suicidal thoughts and no schizophrenia I certainly don't need a guy in a white coat or anybody else to "advise" me about cannabis and will continue to "self medicate" until I go to meet my maker

I think we have a syntax problem. What l think the man was trying to say was that it’s harder to get addicted to ganja than alcohol or cigarettes, but l could be wrong. Regardless, I am with you. Having pledged in 1970 to never pass a tox screen willingly, l could still do without the random pee tests and consequent and sometimes life-long consequences. Conveniently, Anutin could be proffered by the junta as a potentially mutually acceptable alternative, as they seek and “find” reasons to preclude K’Pita & Co. from taking office. I support whom ever the Thai people duly elect, but we could do worse than K’Anutin, with little to no difficulty. For example, a certain fat man who wears a plethora of fine watches, yet still seems to have no clear idea of what time it actually is, in the big-picture sense. No matter the outcome, l am sure it will be clear sailing from here on out. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Hmm. Same as 100 baht medical certificate for a driving license. If a prescription is required to buy weed, there won't be any shortages of clinics for prescription. 

But you will have to see a doctor to get one, not just walk into any high street weed shop and buy what you like, as it is now.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Cannabis is nowhere near as addictive as cigarettes, where do they get this misinformation from?  And what difference would  a prescription make ?  It certainly hasn't helped the millions who are addicted to valium and other antidepressants that  the quacks hand out like toffees

"medical" cannabis is a relatively  new thing  how many of these quacks are even qualified or experienced in prescribing it at all

After smoking it for over 40 years with no ill effects , no depression , no suicidal thoughts and no schizophrenia I certainly don't need a guy in a white coat or anybody else to "advise" me about cannabis and will continue to "self medicate" until I go to meet my maker

Same here, we've been together now everyday for 45 years,most marriages,though they're are exceptions,don't last that long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I'm sure a clause in the law will allow it to be used for medicinal purposes if prescribed by a doctor to treat a bonifide issue.

Not the free-for-all street trade that exists now.

My thoughts also, a weed selling shop on almost every corner as well as online promotions including is not the way to go. Let the pot heads have access, and if as some of them say alcohol and gigs are dangerous and need restrictions then just impose the same on pot, including the tax component. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4