Tragic murder in Chiang Rai: Man stabs wife 11 times

snoop1130

ดีไซน์ที่ยังไม่ได้ตั้งชื่อ-37.jpg

A 61 year old Thai man yesterday brutally murdered his wife by stabbing her 11 times at their home in Chaing Rai province, in the northern part of Thailand. The motive behind this horrific act was the wife’s desire to end their relationship, which enraged the husband.

Upon arriving at the scene, officers from Chiang Saen Police Station discovered the lifeless body of 65 year old Somjai Yapeng, lying on the corridor floor, bearing multiple stab wounds. A bloody 15-inch-long knife was found near her body.

The suspect, identified as 61 year old Somyong Asamalee, fled the house immediately after the crime, taking off in a bronze Nissan sedan. Following a police pursuit, the car was eventually located on Phahonyothin Road, parked at Mae Jan Hospital, approximately 20 kilometres away from the crime scene.

Swiftly responding to the lead, officers rushed to the hospital and discovered Somyong receiving treatment for a cut wound on his hand. He admitted to the police that he had indeed murdered his wife.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/tragic-murder-in-chiang-rai-man-stabs-wife-11-times

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3

Sky high ego , fearing the loss of " face " , they think that they are above all criticism , add to this the effects of alcohol consumption and the feeling that they would deserve a " better life " , and you have a potential explosive mixture .

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The motive behind this horrific act was the wife’s desire to end their relationship, which enraged the husband.

Probably her side of it would have been he was doinking someone else - unfortunately she is not around to put her side forwards

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Sky high ego , fearing the loss of " face " , they think that they are above all criticism , add to this the effects of alcohol consumption and the feeling that they would deserve a " better life " , and you have a potential explosive mixture .

And they are too stupid to realise that they lose even more face by being locked up. Too stupid, or typically Thai in living only in the moment and not thinking about the consequences of their actions.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sort of an aside, but I begin to understand why my wife has a couple of times indicated fear of me. It appears to be an MO in LOS to abuse/ murder women. ( My wife’s issue is “ don’t loudly me!” )

Often it’s because I’m pretty deaf, but also in my culture it is common to lose your cool, yell about something, and have done with it. Seems to be more difficult for Asian folk to let go of something at times; “ face” related?