Up from 20b to 50? Not a deal breaker for me, but this place's dual pricing is;

MAX MUAY THAI PATTAYA
For the Best Muay Thai fights in Pattaya
Tickets Price
1,500 baht (Guarantee Great Seats)
Free en
trance for Thai Citizen

On 5/28/2023 at 10:23 AM, sirineou said:

I am not sure if it applies everywhere or even if it's because they just don't care enough to argue about it, But everywhere  we go here in Isaan that requires "Farang" pay a fee different than Thais my wife argues that I am Thai, shows them my drivers licence and yellow book , and so far I never had to pay "Farang" price at area parks. 

Does not hurt to give it a try, what do you have to loose. 

Tourists don't have a Thai driver license or yellow book 

9 hours ago, still kicking said:

Tourists don't have a Thai driver license or yellow book 

Though  that is true.It is also true that not all tourists are "farang", and not all "farang" are tourists 

as  The Title of this thread is "Nong Ram beach upped farang price to 50 thb " and since I am a :farang" my experience is applicable. 

It also pays (pun intended) to mention that in every country I have visited , tourists pay a higher admission price , or you might say locals pay a lower price, All a matter of perspective.

As a Florida resident, at the Florida parks I paid a lower price, This is also true to many places in the world we have traveled, At the Acropolis EU residents paid a lower price. Nothing controversial there.

So if you can establish residence in Thailand also , by as I said showing a drivers licence and or house book, you might be able to get the resident discount. This will not work at any venue but it will work at enough of them to worth trying, 

10 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

I'm hoping this post is tongue in cheek, if not, the duel pricing whingers on here have reached a new low of ridiculous victimhood., and all for 50 Baht.  

No, not for 50 thb, for 30 thb. It was 20, then went up to 50. 

It's not the value of 50 thb that matters. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Though  that is true.It is also true that not all tourists are "farang", and not all "farang" are tourists 

as  The Title of this thread is "Nong Ram beach upped farang price to 50 thb " and since I am a :farang" my experience is applicable. 

It also pays (pun intended) to mention that in every country I have visited , tourists pay a higher admission price , or you might say locals pay a lower price, All a matter of perspective.

As a Florida resident, at the Florida parks I paid a lower price, This is also true to many places in the world we have traveled, At the Acropolis EU residents paid a lower price. Nothing controversial there.

So if you can establish residence in Thailand also , by as I said showing a drivers licence and or house book, you might be able to get the resident discount. This will not work at any venue but it will work at enough of them to worth trying, 

I'll try the Thai DL next time for the heck of it. Before it cost 20 thb so never considered it, for 50 maybe I'll try.

20 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'll try the Thai DL next time for the heck of it. Before it cost 20 thb so never considered it, for 50 maybe I'll try.

You know what. It does not hurt to try. Many times the people manning the ticket booths are lo paid and have no inclination to argue with crazy farang LOL

• 5 months later...
On 5/28/2023 at 9:43 AM, Celsius said:

No.

You are allowed to stay at the beach. You are not allowed to stay overnight. 

Yes you can stay overnight. There is a building there that is (naturally) owned by the Navy and converted to a hotel. Foreigners can stay as long as they are accompanied by a Thai citizen. Stayed there several times.