Russian Motorbike Rider Fined 5,000 Baht After Being Caught Doing Wheelies in Phuket

webfact

1 hour ago, Tidal wave said:

Wheelie good reply. 

Remember that one from years ago. The bin men go to the back of the chinese restaurant and ask 'Where's yer bin ?'    Chinese chap says Hong Kong . Bin man says  ' No where's you wheelie bin'

Restaurant chap replies ' I wheelie bin Hong Kong'.

• Haha 2

>reckless driving causing a public nuisance, and driving without a driving license. The Russian rider has admitted to the charges but did not clarify why he was breaking the road and traffic laws.

Why would he clarify? I'm sure he's not rushing out to buy a motorbike helmet either. He's from a country run by a dictator that sends missiles into neighboring countries schools and kindergartens under the pretext of lies and more lies. But it's all money in the bank to Thailand, for the time being at least, so that's OK.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Bad location for that. If he really wants to, go to Viset racing circuit, not in Sai Yuan Road.

Last time I mentioned these bloody pests I was called out for it, 'oh how do you know it's Russian haha 'well now you can see, and believe me this is NOT a one off incident. It's been going on for months and the plods do sweet fa. They're scared of them.

He deserves to be fined.  Okay.  Is stupid behaviour. But why the big song and dance over a traffic infringement?

Millions of young Thai boys, teenagers and men commit all sorts of dangerous acts on their bikes all day every day.  Add the millions of crazy 4-wheeled drivers too. 

Ok, the show-off Russian disrespected Thailand.  But Thais thumb their nose at the law all the time.  How about leading by example.  Practice what you preach? 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Millions of young Thai boys, teenagers and men commit all sorts of dangerous acts on their bikes all day every day. 

Like being crouched down behind the handle bars, so far as you could be forgiven for thinking there was nobody on the scooter, with no forward vision and travelling as fast as possible.  This is worse than pulling a wheelie, if you lose control the bike can go far enough before it crashes, whereas with a wheelie the bike tends to crash fairly quickly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

enraged Thai nationals who demanded the rider be found and arrested.

Who writes this kkrapp ? The Thais are the worst drivers/riders in the world, go out for a 15 minute ride and see how many rule infractions you can spot.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Woof999 said:

Seen it many times. Most often on Honda Waves, two up, while changing gear. Have maybe seen a farang do it once.

I'd estimate that 99%+ of the crazy fast scooter riders I've ever seen here are Thai males under the age of 22.

Probably right. Older females go slow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Woof999 said:

Seen it many times. Most often on Honda Waves, two up, while changing gear.

Once seen a bike come round a corner in the city, found a police check point, quickly reversed direction applied power so hard did a wheelie dumping the pillion passenger onto his a#$e on the street. Best laugh I'd had for a while, reckon the police enjoyed it too, while picking up the uniformed soldier. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Once seen a bike come round a corner in the city, found a police check point, quickly reversed direction applied power so hard did a wheelie dumping the pillion passenger onto his a#$e on the street. Best laugh I'd had for a while, reckon the police enjoyed it too, while picking up the uniformed soldier. 

I don't believe in karma, but that sounds like karma ????

• Love It 1