President Biden spoke at Arlington National Cemetery to honor fallen soldiers on Memorial Day.

Social Media

Fascist dictators can first be elected in democratic elections.

But in the case of Trump I say take power because I think his most likely path to taking power again is:

Losing the election

Claiming he won

Staging a successful coup

(OR)

inciting civil war

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What is unfair about bring up Trump's draft dodging history on Memorial Day? You guys are just straw clutching here. 

I do recall that we seem to have discussed that topic previously , actually, that topic has been discussed  numerous times and in depth and there's really nothing new to add to that discussion .

You are talking about something that happened 50 years ago !!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What is unfair about bring up Trump's draft dodging history on Memorial Day? You guys are just straw clutching here. 

This topic has nothing to do with Trump.

What do you mean 'you guys'?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Might be a reason for both leading politicians to step a bit small on Memorial Day. Neither served their country when asked.  Looking back on the mess that was Vietnam, it is hard to blame them. Respect to the men who DID go and did their best to serve honorably under god-awful conditions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Respect to the men who DID go and did their best to serve honorably under god-awful conditions. 

Was the average age of the combat soldier really 19?

What a total waste of lives. 

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

"we must never forget" -  what he says throughout each day 

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, yes. Ignore the comments. At least for the day. Rise above the swamp. 

All hope was gone after the first post.

• Haha 1

Trying to defend trump or play acting that its normal for such a man to appear to be the inevitable challenger to the incumbent President is way beyond putting lipstick on a pig or shall I say "pig". It's more like dressing a cock-a-roach in a tuxedo.

Donald Trump Ripped Apart For Tone-Deaf Memorial Day Message (okmagazine.com)

'A Traitor to His Country!': Donald Trump Ripped Apart for Tone-Deaf Memorial Day Message

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

All hope was gone after the first post.

That first post was deflected beautifully by someone bringing Trump into the conversation. Funny really, that's all they can do when the truth about there man is revealed. 

3 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Exactly.

That's what all the "how disrespectful of you to bring this stuff up in a Memorial Day thread!" pearl clutching is really about.

Too transparent.

Thats not true.

Trump supporters do not regard him as an embarrassment  and are quite happy to talk about him .

This is a thread about Joe Biden at a memorial day , a memorial day for fallen soldiers and the Biden V Trump bickerers really should give it a rest in this thread and take there squabbles elsewhere 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Funny you should mention Iraq...

The Trump disciples who are now posturing as an "anti-war" movement are the same people who called me a traitor and a rotten patriot when I opposed Dubya's illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq.

They were likely singing the national anthem while U.S. missiles were flying over Irak, and also boycotting French fries! ????

Edited by candide

4 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Funny you should mention Iraq...

The Trump disciples who are now posturing as an "anti-war" movement are the same people who called me a traitor and a rotten patriot when I opposed Dubya's illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Yet another example of there the Left and Right have changed sides .

Previously it was the Right wing who wanted wars in foreign land and the Left wingers were all giving the peace sign.

These days its the complete opposite, with the Left wing wanting wars in foreign Countries and the Right wing giving peace signs 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Something more unifying.

A JFK Memorial day speech.

A president that enjoyed bipartisan support.

Tragedy for the world and America that forces beyond his control executed him in broad daylight. He had already signed an executive order to start bringing armed forces personal back from Vietnam, LBJ changed that and many of his other progressive polices. The world would be a better place today if he had lived. Both Trump and Biden refused to release all the documents on his killing which should by law have been released in 2017, nothing to hide of course!!

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

This is just nonsense.  I don't know any "left wingers" today who want wars in foreign countries.  But if you can provide some evidence, I'm happy to be proven wrong. 

Biden wants to fight the Russians or at least join in somehow , Trump wants to keep out of the conflict 

• Confused 1