Which English Pub Has The Best Meals

tropo

If you live in East Pattaya or fancy a trip out to the finer part of the area, try Sunday roast at Sure Park.

I am nothing to do with the management at this establishment but I do eat Sunday lunch here often.

To find this restaurant, start at the Wat at the bottom of Soi Nung Plabwan and head towards Sukhumvit. After approx. 1 kilometer ( 3rd. soi on left ) is Soi 24. Turn left and follow soi for about 1 - 1 1/2 klms. Sure Park is on right. They have a large car park at front and an overflow at rear. They have been working on the road at Soi N Plabwan for a long time so you may have to approach Sure Park from soi 26. You can also get there from Soi Khao Noi. Leave Sukhumvit and follow Khao Noi, cross railway line and after approx. 1 klm. at 7/11 store turn left. Follow this soi for about 1 1/2 klms. and after a sharp left-hand bend Sure Park is on the left. As I said, I have been eating Sunday lunch here for quite some time and I personally think it the best in the area! The restaurant is open 7 days and have live music at w/ends. The steaks are also very good, as is the Thai food.

It's not a pub but it is a very pleasant setting for a meal and Sunny ( the owner ) can cater for large parties.

PS. The prices are very reasonable!

i have eaten there myself and my opinion is the exact opposite of yours.

IMO Crazy Daves wins on both accounts.

Seeing your opinion about Crazy Daves, I don't thinks your opinion counts for much!!

Can you read??? I have already said in 2 previous posts i was joking about Crazy Daves and i have actualy never even been in the place.

If the Caddy Shack is not a pub, then I've clearly been away from England for too long :o

I stand corrected by their web-site

post-15852-1183973715_thumb.jpg

I regard it as a restaurant, with a bar (the counter) incorporated. Most people seem to go there to eat, rather than drink only. If I'm going to a pub for a drink I seldom want to be interrupted by food.

So to me the Caddy Shack is a restaurant, the Harley Bar across the road is a pub.

I regard it as a restaurant, with a bar (the counter) incorporated. Most people seem to go there to eat, rather than drink only. If I'm going to a pub for a drink I seldom want to be interrupted by food.

So to me the Caddy Shack is a restaurant, the Harley Bar across the road is a pub.

I'm sorry if I've been ambiguous here. Maybe I've misused the word 'pub', but what I'm looking for are fine English and Irish restaurants.

Thanks to all so far for suggesting various places to dine. I'll be trying out a lot of them in the following weeks, starting with the Caddy Shack this evening.

PS. I had a meal at the 'Ritz' on Soi Yamoto this morning. I ordered a beef stew, but what came out was more like a tasteless beef soup with tough meat. My girl ordered a Thai meal that was average. Maybe I was there too early - 8:30am

Edited by tropo

If the Caddy Shack is not a pub, then I've clearly been away from England for too long :o

Sorry Hump, but I have to disagree with you here. Have you ever been there?

Regardless of what their website says, it's as English a pub, by design and intent, as any a pub that is to be found in the British Isles, with a large bar and standing area, shelves built around the pillars to perch glasses, and on weekends is patronised by drinkers - not diners. At the rear, are tables, for drinking and dining, with two large TV screens to watch live sport - no different to any pub you would find anywhere. There is no way I would call the Caddy Shack a restaurant - I guess they promote it like that to get the dining punters in.

As for the Harley - well it's a short time whore house and bar with a large restaurant and pool table area at the rear. Not that I'm complaining mind you.... :D

I went to eat there and here is my report:

Firstly, it's divided into a 'pub' section with a pool table and standard pub type seats along with the usual pub counter, and a restaurant section with 5 tables seating 4 each. Its very nicely decked out too.

My GF ordered the roast lamb dinner (245) and I ordered the roasted 1/2 chicken (175).

Contrary to what one member mentioned on here, the roast dinners came with 4 roast potatoes which can be substituted for chips or mashed potatoes.

My Filipino GF has developed quite a passion for lamb and her only complaint was that there wasn't enough. She's only a small girl at 36kg but still managed to scoff down all the lamb in 2 minutes flat. Don't order this dish if you require a decent serve of meat.

The 1/2 chicken was small and a bit on the dry side so it was lucky they serve the roast meals with bowls of gravy on the side. You'll probably find youself looking for the salt shaker too, which was fine by me and much better than an over-salted meal. Both roast dinners came with peas/carrots/cauliflower combos which were nicely done - peas were sweet! I had the roast potatoes which were very good, and she had a large serve of mashed potatoes which would be hard to get through for most diners.

Included were large yorkshire puddings; I'm not English so I'm no expert here, but to me they were very good (better than at P&W).

There isn't a non-smoking section, so when we first walked in we could notice a distinct smoky odour, but not enough to send us away. Mind you, when we arrived there were only a few people in there so if busy it may present a problem for non-smokers.

Overall we enjoyed our dining experience at Caddy Shack and will return.

Sorry Hump, but I have to disagree with you here. Have you ever been there?

As for the Harley - well it's a short time whore house and bar with a large restaurant and pool table area at the rear. Not that I'm complaining mind you.... :o

When I'm in Pattaya (every three months for a couple of weeks), I am in there about ten times, either lunch or early dinner.

Ask all the girls about the guy with the standard pint of draught Chang, who always reads a book and in the evening sometimes brings in his two Thai kids. Seldom the wife - she prefers Thai local market grub.

If I propose to go to Harley Bar the wife seems always to accompany me, however. :D

Those, plus Lion Bar / Liberty Mansion are my locals and I seldom go much further for English tucker nowadays, although 70% of my food is Thai market with my wife.

Edited by Humphrey Bear