Vice President Kamala Harris to be a "leading voice" on gun violence heading into the 2024 cycle

Social Media

Somebody needs to check their bilges they are listing heavily and in danger of capsize lol ???? kamala Harris is an incredibly well qualified brilliant woman of color she will do a credible job at whatever task is put before her.I put to all Americans we must stop the slaughter this woman has been tasked to spearheading this fraught task why not pitch in and help to stop the murder of schoolchildren?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tug said:

Somebody needs to check their bilges they are listing heavily and in danger of capsize lol ???? kamala Harris is an incredibly well qualified brilliant woman of color she will do a credible job at whatever task is put before her.I put to all Americans we must stop the slaughter this woman has been tasked to spearheading this fraught task why not pitch in and help to stop the murder of schoolchildren?

Evidence of her brilliance? Any task she has completed credibly as VP so far?

If she gives another speech using the phrase "unburdened by the past" with that phony gesture I am gonna hurl.  She makes Dan Quayle look positively loquacious.

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Evidence of her brilliance? Any task she has completed credibly as VP so far?

If she gives another speech using the phrase "unburdened by the past" with that phony gesture I am gonna hurl.  She makes Dan Quayle look positively loquacious.

Gee well I guess we could start at her beeing a attorney no easy task for a child of a single mom of color no less or perhaps beeing a DA or perhaps rising to attain the AG spot for the state of California no still doubt well how about being elected senator and now the VP spot no sir she is indeed a brilliant woman the border is under control to the best it can be within the framework of the present laws on the books so go ahead and hurl meanwhile the team in the White House will continue to do the best for the country 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

"Biden just started something called the "Office of Gun Violence Prevention" - and he put Kamala Harris in charge! Hate to tell y'all but if Kamala handles GUNS like she handled the border, we ALL gonna be in body bags with toe tags on," former Republican Florida congressional candidate Lavern Spicer wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

As of September 1, there were 479 mass shootings in 2023, 12,828 gun deaths, 25,467 gun injuries and 1,098 unintentional shootings in the U.S., according to data from the Gun Violence Archive.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-amendment-ballot-ban-insurrection-colorado-4641bcfff79abf1d5d79dae7c3a73fa6

On 6/3/2023 at 1:09 PM, 300sd said:

She's done a great job with the border situation (I dare not call it a crises for the bots will jump on that), so I'm happy to see she's being promoted to a real challenge for the next administration. Good luck with that.

IMO by putting her in charge he's not taking it seriously, as he probably understands that the chances of HER actually reducing shootings is ( IMO ) zero.

Let's remember that he put her in charge of the southern border which has become a disaster. According to Al Jazeera nearly 9,000 undocumented immigrants illegally entered the US at the southern border in last 24 hours.

Seems like she just ignored the problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO by putting her in charge he's not taking it seriously, as he probably understands that the chances of HER actually reducing shootings is ( IMO ) zero.

Let's remember that he put her in charge of the southern border which has become a disaster. According to Al Jazeera nearly 9,000 undocumented immigrants illegally entered the US at the southern border in last 24 hours.

Seems like she just ignored the problem.

What would a former CA AG know about shootings?

On 6/3/2023 at 11:55 AM, KhunLA said:

Being the 'best qualified' doesn't seem to be a priority any more.

There’s no such thing as ‘the best qualified’, there’s a range of candidates who are all qualified and all bring something different to the job.

The only time we here the rightwing bleating about ‘the best qualified’ is when the candidate isn’t a white male.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s no such thing as ‘the best qualified’, there’s a range of candidates who are all qualified and all bring something different to the job.

The only time we here the rightwing bleating about ‘the best qualified’ is when the candidate isn’t a white male.

You really think she is qualified to be president ?  Has nothing to do with her being a mixed race female.  She's simply incompetent to hold office.

And people wonder how the country got in the state it is.  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

The Supreme Court just came out with a ruling that selecting based on race is illegal.  Biden specifically selected her on race and gender.  That's not only unconstitutional.  It's un-American.

If I put out a job ad specifying only black women can apply, I'd be prosecuted.  And rightly so.

Odd then that white makes make up the vast majority of senior political positions?

Edited by Chomper Higgot

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You really think she is qualified to be president ?  Has nothing to do with her being a mixed race female.  She's simply incompetent to hold office.

Opinions differ.

The vitriolic response she receives from the alt-right suggests she’s doing something right.

3 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So based on your logic... Trump must really be doing something right... considering the hate and vitriol coming from the liberal left and the Hateful 8.

Only if you believe Trump’s affront to decency, the constitution and the rule of law are doing something right.

Harris is a:

1 Bright

2 Articulate

3 Mixed Race

4 Woman in power

There’s the 4 core reasons the Alt-right hate her.

• Haha 1

Kamala Harris, getting it done for Americans.

I expect the Alt-Right to rant against this even though very many rightwing voters, and particularly those on low incomes, will benefit from this Harris initiative:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2023/09/21/press-call-by-vice-president-harris-on-an-announcement-to-ease-the-burden-of-medical-debt-on-american-family-budgets/

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Agree 100% on the incompetence. One only needs to look at the southern border to know she is incompetent. She was put in charge of that and it's worse now than before she started.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I would be... I am merely pointing out the duplicity of the liberal left and the Hateful 8 when it comes to prosecuting criminals regardless of their political party and the persecution during the process.

The only documented and proven political interference in the AG came from Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2023 at 7:43 AM, impulse said:

The Supreme Court just came out with a ruling that selecting based on race is illegal.  Biden specifically selected her on race and gender.  That's not only unconstitutional.  It's un-American.

If I put out a job ad specifying only black women can apply, I'd be prosecuted.  And rightly so.

Did it ever occur to you that  perhaps she was selected because she is the VPOTUS, and rightly so?

Or is that a racist and gender remark from me?

• Haha 1