Documents Eventually Necessary For Minor Entering Thailand With Only One Parent

Hello

My son will come to Thailand in december with his 12 years old son (he recognized the child of his wife previous relationship). He will have the wife s permission to exit Argentina (son is Argentinian and my son is french). He of course has the child birth certificate where the recognition is acted. The boy has both name (my son and his mother) on his passport

Question, is any document needed to enter Thailand or exit from Thailand for this yound child

Thanks a lot

Have a nice day

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

1 hour ago, LOG54 said:

Question, is any document needed to enter Thailand or exit from Thailand for this yound child

Assume that the 12 year old  Argentinian son will need a pp from that country. 

How long does he plan to visit. 

I have not heard of Thai immigration restricting foreign minors from travelling. They only start asking questions if one of the parents is Thai. It is prudent to have a consent letter from the mother (with contact details) but I doubt it will be needed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2023 at 3:48 PM, BritTim said:

I have not heard of Thai immigration restricting foreign minors from travelling. They only start asking questions if one of the parents is Thai. It is prudent to have a consent letter from the mother (with contact details) but I doubt it will be needed.

You are right. It is best to have a Consent Letter from the mother. When I traveled with my minor son, without his mom, I had a Consent Letter. Most places will never ask to see one, but there are those that might. Because some places want to make sure you are not taking the minor away to another country without the other parents consent. Like you are in a court battle with your spouse over custody and etc. So it is better to be safe then sorry. 

To my knowledge a valid passport that has duration for at least 6 month upon entry should be enough. Lots of foreign tourist parents arrives daily with their child, just having a passport; also single parents.

Thank you.. He will have a copy of the consent letter made to authorities in Argentina,, I don t know if it will be in spanish or also in other languages..To be safe do you feel it is anyway better to have another letter written by the mother in english and confirming this (he will also add to it a copy of the mother s ID and passport

I think this should be fine

Thanks a lot

• Thumbs Up 2