How much for this PC?

JaiMaai

I have a spare PC that I don't use very much so I'm thinking of selling it. But I don't know how much to ask...

What would. the ASEAN Now hive mind pay? What would be a good asking price, expecting to sell for a bit less?

Gigabyte B365 HD3 motherboard

Intel i5 8400

Asus RX 470 4 GB Strix

2x 8GB Corsair LPX 2400 RAM

250 ADATA NVME M.2 SSD

1TB WD Green HDD

ASUS WIFI / Bluetooth card

Genuine Windows 10 or 11

In a budget Aerocool case with glass side panel and static RGB front fans. (Can't remember exact model).

Over to you...

Edited by JaiMaai
Grammar

The OP can probably make price comparisons with what is available on eBay, Lazada or Gumtree.

PC's are a commodity nowadays, most people prefer buying cheap new unless they are technically savvy.

• Like 1

You don't have much going here, resale values on PC is terrible and rightly so given a price of new with warranty, a home assembled white box PC with 8th gen processor you'll probably be able to get 1500-3000baht, it's pretty ancient. However if the Windows license really is genuine, not your $5-$10 keys from aliexpress, lazada, shopee, ebay that claim to be OEM genuine, you may be able to get closer to 4000baht - almost exactly what you paid for the license - as the license should be transferrable.  If it's small and quite, and not some loud monster that home assembled PCs often are, coupled with a real license, for a media center maybe some expat will pay 4500baht.  I can't see you getting anything more than 5000baht for it in any scenario unless you find a mug.

Edited by farang9392
  • Like 2

Think of it like selling your old car. The first item should be the age. I think this mobo first came on the market late 2019.

The mobo itself varies from 3000 baht (used) to 4000 baht (new) in the US.

if the OP can post a picture of the case, it could garner more interest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chuang said:

Give it away ..

This is probably the best approach, it's not the worth the hassle on something this dated to deal with the implicit warranty for what will likely be around 3,000baht all in, is there a kid in the area that can benefit if you lump it with an old LCD screen that you might have lying around? or HDF mercy center perhaps - but check if they are accepting PCs..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

In a budget Aerocool case with glass side panel and static RGB front fans.

IMHO that is the biggest problem.

Sometimes I built PCs for small businesses. Price is not really a big issue.

Years ago, I used good parts and a relative cheap small case - and customers were not impressed.

Then I used bigger cases from Cooler Master, etc., with basically the same internal parts.

Customers were impressed with those fast (=big) PCs.

I will never build and sell any cheap and small PCs anymore...

You can see right away that that must be a fast PC. ???? 

EJG1wq-WsAAH-So.jpg

Keep it for a rainy day, or for when someone might stay a few days and need their own PC. Unless you're soon in need of a few thousand baht, the hassle of the sale for a relatively low gain possibly isn't worth the hassle.

Having said all that, I know a number of people here for whom 3000 baht is the difference between a good month and a normal month. If that's the case then put it on Facebook marketplace for 6000 baht and see what comes your way.

Thanks for the input so far...

@Woof999, yes that's at the bottom end of what I hoped I could get. 

I don't need the money so not desperate to sell but I don't need it taking up space and gathering dust either.  it sees occasional use for streaming in the bedroom so the plan is to sell for as much as I can and put the money towards a mini PC to replace it.