Biden officials 'leave him alone' on weekends, adjust schedule to avoid tiring 'an aging president':

Social Media

Just now, Berkshire said:

I don't agree that Biden is old and useless.  But hey, I'd rather have an old useless guy as POTUS over a lying, racist criminal. 

It's pretty sad the Democrats have no decent ideas, no decent candidates. No one under 80yo to put forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

There are at least 2 serious challengers. RFKJr is polling in the 20% range. Marianne Williamson close to 10%. Those aren't serious numbers?

According to this poll, a majority of DEMOCRATS don't want him to run again- 52%. The problem is that if Joe doesn't run, they are more or less stuck with Kamala, which would be a disaster on so many levels.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2023/04/21/most-democrats-dont-want-biden-to-run-again-poll-finds-but-theyll-probably-vote-for-him-anyway/?sh=2bc7f1fc7e0d

Neither are serious. 

Their chances of being nominated are zero.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Convenient to say that.  Of course if the Democratic party machinery doesn't give them a chance to get their message to the party members, their chances are slim.  But that only shows how little confidence there is in Joe Biden as a candidate. If Jr and Williamson can scare Biden's handlers, how can he face a potential GOP candidate like Senator Scott or Vivek?  He would be eviscerated.

This is just wrong.

Both are known and both are jokes.

You're right most democrats would prefer another credible candidate to run  rather than Joe.

But so far as he's the incumbent none has come forward.

Just now, Jingthing said:

This is just wrong.

Both are known and both are jokes.

You're right most democrats would prefer another credible candidate to run  rather than Joe.

But so far as he's the incumbent none has come forward.

Polling at 20% is not a joke.  That is higher than everyone in the GOP field except Trump and DeSantis, yet the remaining candidates are not jokes by any means. 

Yet what other credible candidates are there for the Democrats?  Who could win a general election- Gov. Newsom? Maybe Sen. Kelly from Arizona

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Polling at 20% is not a joke.  That is higher than everyone in the GOP field except Trump and DeSantis, yet the remaining candidates are not jokes by any means. 

Yet what other credible candidates are there for the Democrats?  Who could win a general election- Gov. Newsom? Maybe Sen. Kelly from Arizona

They are both jokes.

Sure if a non troll candidate entered it would be different. 

But not likely to happen.

Edited by Jingthing

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Convenient to say that.  Of course if the Democratic party machinery doesn't give them a chance to get their message to the party members, their chances are slim.  But that only shows how little confidence there is in Joe Biden as a candidate. If Jr and Williamson can scare Biden's handlers, how can he face a potential GOP candidate like Senator Scott or Vivek?  He would be eviscerated.

So, Joe is scared and would be eviscerated facing the likes Senator Scott or Vivek. Both who might make the kids table at the Republican debates. Are you really being serious!

Just now, earlinclaifornia said:

So, Joe is scared and would be eviscerated facing the likes Senator Scott or Vivek. Both who might make the kids table at the Republican debates. Are you really being serious!

Any other reason to explain Joe's reticence to participate in any kind of primary for the Democrats, especially given the polling that shows a majority of Democrats don't want him to run again?

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The maga movement is anti democratic, pro authoritarian at its core. 

Have you noticed that democrats are for the past few years the big losers in about every country in the world?

There must be a reason for it.

And I was always told, if a majority shares the same opinion, then they are probably right.

Now please don't reply But But Biden had more votes last election, because we all know the reason, and that reason isn't there any more after they have seen what happened during his term

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Any other reason to explain Joe's reticence to participate in any kind of primary for the Democrats, especially given the polling that shows a majority of Democrats don't want him to run again?

If I thought you were being serious, I would try. You don't makes any sense. Ludicrous! 

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

If I thought you were being serious, I would try. You don't makes any sense. Ludicrous! 

I am dead serious. I think it would be better for everyone involved if both of the old dudes stepped aside. Certainly more interesting.  But I guess Biden thinks he can just slip into the nomination with no challenge, and the party seems to agree, in spite of what rank and file Democrats think.

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I am dead serious. I think it would be better for everyone involved if both of the old dudes stepped aside. Certainly more interesting.  But I guess Biden thinks he can just slip into the nomination with no challenge, and the party seems to agree, in spite of what rank and file Democrats think.

We might agree here. Don't call the authorities.

I would prefer a contest between a serious democratic party contender other than Joe (but also not Bernie Sanders please) and a non-maga-fascist republican.

But alas it will probably be Biden vs. Trump. 

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

We will see that in 2028, I feel certain of that. 

22 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Because he's not an idiot!!!

Getting on stage with those two trolls running now elevates the trolls.

I agree most democrats would rather it was someone other than Biden.

But not either of those two jokers!

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

We might agree here. Don't call the authorities.

I would prefer a contest between a serious democratic party contender other than Joe (but also not Bernie Sanders please) and a non-maga-fascist republican.

But alas it will probably be Biden vs. Trump. 

Broken clock is right. We agree!

I agree with your "alas" 100%.  

Seems the Democratic party is handcuffed.  They need to pray that Trump wins the GOP nomination.  To be honest I don't think Joe would stand a chance against one of the other possible candidates.

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Broken clock is right. We agree!

I agree with your "alas" 100%.  

Seems the Democratic party is handcuffed.  They need to pray that Trump wins the GOP nomination.  To be honest I don't think Joe would stand a chance against one of the other possible candidates.

Alsa, you are hoping he gets what is due.  Providing your dream candidate might see an elevation. 

44 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Incumbent Presidents running for reelection never have primaries.  It's the same with Dem and Rep.  You should know this. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Incumbent Presidents running for reelection never have primaries.  It's the same with Dem and Rep.  You should know this. 

1992, Bush was primaried by Pat Buchanan.

1980, Carter was primaried by Ted Kennedy

1976, Ford was primaried by Ronald Reagan

1968, LBJ was primaried by Eugene McCarthy

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

1992, Bush was primaried by Pat Buchanan.

1980, Carter was primaried by Ted Kennedy

1976, Ford was primaried by Ronald Reagan

1968, LBJ was primaried by Eugene McCarthy

I stand corrected...although the incumbent prevailed in every instance.  Biden has no serious challenger, particularly as every Dem would prefer him over Trump.

What's going on now with non-troll democrats accepting but not being thrilled about running with Biden again is about not wanting to do the maga fascists any favors by dividing the democratic party.

Biden is the incumbent and he has been reasonably successful believe it or not, most democrats think so anyway.

So he has decided to run.

He pretty much gets the nomination even though it is true probably the majority of democrats wish he wasn't running and they could put up a new (but not a troll) credible alternative.

But another factor is that any incumbent always has a built in advantage.

A "better" younger democrat would lose that edge.

Eye on the prize is simply saving democracy from takeover by the maga fascists.

• Like 1