What do you believe happens to you when you die?

12 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

It might as well be from tick tok. Not a credible source!

Tiktok along with YouTube and others are a user platforms not a "source"

Almost every major News source posts on those platforms.

It's the poster or creator you look at, not the platform.

Just for info ????

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

It might as well be from tick tok. Not a credible source!

suggesting youtube is not a credible source is invalid.

youtube is full of garbage, to be sure.

but youtube is also full of valid information that was not previously available. 

to completely dismiss all of youtube as garbage is folly.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Social Media said:

Tiktok along with YouTube and others are a user platforms not a "source"

Almost every major News source posts on those platforms.

It's the poster or creator you look at, not the platform.

Just for info ????

But they are not a source of documentary proof are they under your/AN rules?

I am asking for a source of this so called 
"There are some well-documented accounts"!

Where are these so called links to documents?

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Can science 'prove' there's an afterlife? Netflix documentary says yes.

News

By Stephanie Pappas published January 17, 2021

The documentary emphasizes "proof" of life after death, but it mixes the debunked, the unknown and the unprovable

https://www.livescience.com/netflix-surviving-death.html

The only proof is people who technically died, had some clear  visions and woke up, as well brain activity before, during technically dead and after. 

So, no, there is no valid proof, more than people believe they have seen aliens, or god with or without medication.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Depends who is posting it, if they are a credible source, not the platform.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Atheism is blind faith that this universe somehow just started itself.

You have to be the first person that I've come across who considers atheism to be 'blind faith'. In just about every encounter that I've had on this topic. Atheism its the very antithesis of blind faith. Religion is the obvious candidate for bearing that label.

Atheists will generally have considered the religious option and rejected it. Being an atheist does not necessarily mean that that one has no interest in spirituality. I am an atheist, who meditates twice a day. What does that make me do you suppose?

There are many paths up the mountain.

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Everyone should take LSD once. 

The founder of AA took it for a spiritual experience, after he quit drinking. Actually it was used in hospital with allies. 

Mexican Indians use it for spiritual experience. 

It seems weird to me that some people don't want a spiritual experience. 

Why would we it's Not normal ,  same as getting off you head on drugs.

Why would one if not soft in the Head in the first place.

A spiritual experience is described as an incident that goes beyond human understanding in how this experience could have happened in the first place .

I already had a belief that the soul lives on in one way or another.

However, for me Einsteins theory of relativity proving that energy cannot be created or destroyed confirms this.

Some consider our soul/lifeforce to be an energy.

Regardless of what you believe our bodies are full of electricity powering our nervous system that can only be transferred and not destroyed.

Take it as you will

• Like 1

It might be argued that...(citing from various scientific discussions):

• Death of biologics (in addition to stellar causes of entropy) causes a dispersal of energy from a high state to a low state, resulting in discharge of increased entropy in accordance to the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
  • As entropy cannt be destroyed by any means, at any scale without exception, entropy cannot overall decrease. Thus, its  increase adds to the total entropy of the universe wherein every particle and atomic structure accelerates through time and space.
  • The result ultimately is a cosmological "heat death of the universe," assuming the universe is a closed system.

Science tends to be irreverent. For peace of mind, it might better to just believe in the continued existence and fate of the soul after death by whatever faith. 

Dead as a,Dodo and that's it, thats all.

World been here 4 5 billion years, silly religions about 6,000 years in total.

What you see is what you get.

When you are gone , that's it, finished and final IMO.

what you think of as you is an avatar of consciousness, there is no you, consciousness which has identified with its avatar is set free, Bob, John or Harry are not only no more, they never were.

There is no me or you, no seeker, no enlightenment, no disciple and no guru. There is no better or worse, no path or purpose, and nothing that has to be achieved.

All appearance is source. All that apparently manifests in the hypnotic dream of separation – the world, the life story, the search for home, is one appearing as two, the nothing appearing as everything, the absolute appearing as the particular.

There is no separate intelligence weaving a destiny and no choice functioning at any level. Nothing is happening but this, as it is, invites the apparent seeker to rediscover that which is . . . the abiding, uncaused, unchanging, impersonal silence from which unconditional love overflows and celebrates. It is the wonderful mystery.

Depending on how much you’ve evolved during your probably thousands of lifetimes will pretty much define your belief system, or lack thereof.

There are countless stories of people remembering their past lives, especially on the Indian sub-continent. But people who think they know everything won’t change their minds based on irrefutable evidence. Mainly because it doesn’t match what they believe, and that can threaten their very existence.

If you really want answers to these questions, the first thing is to open your mind. The Western White man for centuries hasn’t wanted to learn anything from the Chinese, Asian, Indian, or any other race they feel is inferior to them.

With reincarnation you have been all of these races over thousands of years. And in this lifetime where you judge them you are karmically set up to return as one of them.

If you understand these things, there are explanations for everything that happened in history from the Holocaust to North Koreas concentration camps, to the Romans, to the Vikings etc. Many people blame these things on God, but God is not an angry God. The problems of the Earth are created by Man. And each time you return here is another chance to right the wrongs of your past lives…..it is all quite simple. Karma: cause and effect.

But don’t walk through your days worrying about these things. If you are not living in abject poverty, then enjoy the blessing of the good life you’ve been given.

• Haha 2

Your body shuts down and it begins a decomposition process that is affected by the funeral process. Burning , preservation, or a naturally composition process.  

Thats it, nothing more.  None of the nonsense that preacher and politician feed you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Yahoo where do I sign up for Muslim membership. 

I wouldn't be too quick sign up for Muslim membership on account of the "76 virgins" reward in your afterlife, because as one witty poster has previously said, "it has been discovered that there was a typo in the original text, and it should have read, 76 Vegans".????

Whilst I believe there will be nothing after I die, I also believe that within my remaining life time we will figure out how to copy all the electrical signals in a human brain into a quantum computer effectively making that person immortal.  

Hopefully the technology will advance quick enough for anyone with the financial means or the right connections to have access to it.

33 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Whilst I believe there will be nothing after I die, I also believe that within my remaining life time we will figure out how to copy all the electrical signals in a human brain into a quantum computer effectively making that person immortal.  

Hopefully the technology will advance quick enough for anyone with the financial means or the right connections to have access to it.

You do not believe in Universal mind or universal consciousness?