What do you believe happens to you when you die?

22 minutes ago, ICU Kid said:

"cos I can't see it it don't exist"

That's fine too. I understand your pov

Thanks for understanding my point of view, but "cos I can't see it it don't exist" isn't what I was saying, because I can't see electricity but I know it exists.

Another poster was saying about how many billions of people in the world today believe in the afterlife/reincarnation, so if you take that over the many centuries we have been here, there would be trillions upon trillions of people who believe in this stuff, going back to the ancient Egyptians and beyond, yet not one of these trillions of people have been able to give us any proof.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

I agree. I think we don't know 1% of what goes on in the universe so there are limitless answers to my question

I believe that the human race is an experiment by a vastly superior being - that has gone badly wrong. And that it will be allowed to destroy itself, which it is well on the way to doing.

On 6/6/2023 at 7:05 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Dreams don't make you aware of what's going on around you, they're not reality!

Don’t make you aware , ! But next morning or when you wake you’ll rember,  some of the time 

also when your alive and sleeping the brain is still electrically aware. 
when your dead ,  there is no electrical stimulation,   Or awareness. !!  

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you know he found Saddam Hussain for the Yanks? 

No he didn't although he did try to claim that he had a hand in it.

This from Reuters: As for Geller leading the US to the whereabouts of Saddam: “At the time of his capture, U.S. commanders said a source close to the fugitive had given him up under interrogation.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 7:26 AM, 2baht said:

If you're a Muslim, 76 virgins!

The confusion that exists arises over one oral tradition by Imam Tirmidhi.

He explicitly mentions “72 virgins” that has now become instilled in the minds of extremists and misinformed Muslim men. A well-known and widely transmitted hadith of imam al-Tirmidhi explicitly notes that male martyrs will enjoy the pleasure of seventy-two virgins in Paradise. According to al-Tirmidhi, a martyr has seven special favors from Allah, to include:

So it is a lie for activating terrorists. It is investigated.

Have no clue whatever happens when you die, I do know, im out of the world and existing life as i knew it. 

18 hours ago, ICU Kid said:

That's what happens to your body 

Emm... Your body is you...... Once your brain is gone / dead, so are your thoughts and personality. 

Just look at what happens to people who had bad strokes or brsi. Injuries... Their personality changes.  

'You' is just how your brain is wired over the years you have lived.... Moulded by experiences and social interactions... And some genetic influence.. 

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I find it rather sad that so many equate themselves to their bodies. 

Why? 

It places greater importance on life, and as we only have one we make the most of it and try to enjoy it as much as we can.  We also appreciate people more as we know we will never see them again once their die.

We are also more genuine, if we help or be kind to people it is for the real reason, not because we want to convert people to our particular religion. 

I think it's sadder to deprive yourself of nice things because a religion says they are sins...and waste time on a religious place or doing religions stuff. 

Also not being emotionally mature enough to accept dead is dead. It's not a magical fairytale cloud land where billions of dead people live in eternal bliss and we can see our dead relatives or pets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

That's fine if you have done research into other beliefs and have made an intellectual or experiential decision - Atheism is actually a belief too. 

Rather sad that you call other people's spiritual beliefs, 'claptrap'.  

Do you know that around 4 billion people in the world believe in reincarnation?

Somehow I feel you are very closed-minded and probably not open to discussion. 

I think you should try to look at what it is in fact that you are scared of when looking at afterlife, you might be surprised. 

What? You are the close mined one as you can't entertain the idea of no life after death. 

I have no fear of the afterlife... There is none. 

What do you fear about death being the end and no afterlife? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have a strong suspicion that I was a Swede in a previous life. When I went there I felt perfectly at home, and when I had a go at learning the language I was told that I had a perfect accent.

that's an interesting point.

not to mention ... why are so many farangs drawn to moving to thailand?

why do specific countries draw people to relocate more than others? 

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have a strong suspicion that I was a Swede in a previous life. When I went there I felt perfectly at home, and when I had a go at learning the language I was told that I had a perfect accent.

I feel that in Thailand. 

Late to this discussion, but the human body is just energy...so if you remember the laws of Thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed, thus, our energy  goes back to the Universe.

That is all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, Pouatchee said:

thanks chatgpt

The nature of our mortality has puzzled humanity since the dawn of consciousness. Death, the end of the life cycle, the cessation of the vital activity of an organism, is an inescapable reality. The question of what happens to us when we die is a fundamental aspect of human thought, as it concerns our existence and the meaning of life itself. The beliefs regarding death and the afterlife are as diverse and varied as human cultures. Some believe in an afterlife paradise, where the soul lives on forever; others believe in reincarnation, where the soul is reborn in a different form or body. Some deny the concept of an afterlife, considering death as a finality, while others suggest that the physical body decays, but a part of the person, such as a soul, may endure beyond. One of the most widespread beliefs in the world is related to religious traditions, where the concept of an afterlife is central. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and other religions propose different forms of afterlife. For example, Christianity teaches that the soul is judged and divided into two places, heaven or hell, depending on how one lived their life on earth. In contrast, Buddhism suggests reincarnation, where individuals are continuously reborn based on their karma, a reflection of their actions in this life. Philosophers have also debated the notion of death and the afterlife. Epicurus, a Greek philosopher, argued that death should not be feared as it is the end of all sensation and, therefore, neutral. Immanuel Kant, a German philosopher, believed that the concept of an afterlife was beyond our understanding and could not be verified or falsified through reason. From a scientific perspective, death is seen as the irreversible cessation of the functioning of the brain and other vital organs. When the brain dies, consciousness is lost, and the body ceases to function. The body goes through a series of physical changes after death, such as rigor mortis, the stiffening of the body, and autolysis, the decomposition of bodily tissues. However, some scientists have also studied phenomena that suggest the possibility of an afterlife. For instance, near-death experiences (NDEs), which include reported visions, sounds, and experiences, by people who were clinically dead,

AI response is from input from strange types who have been selected/tasked by mentors such as Meta owners to give such input. As such responses involving  perpetual debate over theological issues are more likely to be biased towards desired confirmation of nationally based  duped assimilation of concepts that perpetuate submission to opposing doctrines for the sake of perpetuating the core interests of resulting conflict. War.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2023 at 12:44 PM, Mickeymaus said:

I would read the small print first. There are different numbers on the Internet. And what happens if you are a female. Then you don't get anything or virgins too?

I don't think muslim women get any consideration.

• Sad 1

You're dead.  Your body starts a decomposition process.  No different than running over a feral critter with Moto.

End of story, there's no 72 hot babes waiting for your reincarnation...or what ever line you bought into.

Preachers and politicians push all the mind boggling concepts to appease the general public from the reality of death.  Your TU and burned, planted in the ground, or left to decompose naturally.

Nothing pretty about it, just the facts of life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1