What do you believe happens to you when you die?

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Jesus Christ came back.

The Dalai Lama has come back 17 times!

Believe in which religion?

Gravity or electricity?

Who said that Jesus came back, no proof same with the Dalai Lama.

Anyway one can believe what they want that doesn't mean it's there or  True.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, quake said:

If your talking about the bible.

Geneses was started with a lie.

Science has proven that. something about the earth has form, then light.

It was the other way round. :coffee1:

it starts with BS then ends with BS

Good luck with your after life.

Speaking of BS, I guess someone who can't spell "Genesis" might not be an authority on the subject, especially if GENESIS is not a science book and not purporting to be so.

Good luck with YOUR "after life".

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Speaking of BS, I guess someone who can't spell "Genesis" might not be an authority on the subject, especially if GENESIS is not a science book and not purporting to be so.

Good luck with YOUR "after life".

Great a new member of 4 hours, is now the spelling police of Asean now. :thumbsup:

But you quoted the book,, and it's still BS at the start and the end

What time will the Rapture be coming,  all the past predictions must have been wrong.

or were they just a big misunderstanding. :cheesy:

Edited by quake

9 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Who said that Jesus came back, no proof same with the Dalai Lama.

Anyway one can believe what they want that doesn't mean it's there or  True.

Are you saying Jesus wasn't resurrected? 

When I met HH Dalai Lama in Northern India, I saw how they test for incarnated lamas. It is fact, maybe not in Kansas or Bradford, do the research! 

2 minutes ago, quake said:

Great a new member of 4 hours, is now the spelling police of Asean now. :thumbsup:

Says an oldtimer with 2 years lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Are you saying Jesus wasn't resurrected? 

When I met HH Dalai Lama in Northern India, I saw how they test for incarnated lamas. It is fact, maybe not in Kansas or Bradford, do the research! 

I Don't believe that he was resurrected, It's part of a religion and I don't believe in religion.

As for the Dalai Lama, Same but different religion,

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I Don't believe that he was resurrected, It's part of a religion and I don't believe in religion.

As for the Dalai Lama, Same but different religion,

Do you believe in Bodhisattvas?

6 minutes ago, quake said:

What time will the Rapture be coming,  all the past predictions must have been wrong.

or were they just a big misunderstanding. :cheesy:

I didn't quote the book.  I didn't even mention it.  You did.  You're not very good at this internet thing, are you?  Yes, I am new, but I can already see that to be a cool, credible member of this wonderful forum,  I need to use emojis.  So cutting edge, just like your metaphysics!  ????????:coffee1::cheesy:????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

I didn't quote the book.  I didn't even mention it.  

So that's not you below 

Nice one, newbie. Troll

2 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

What happens is what the Good Book says happens...

2 minutes ago, quake said:

So that's not you below 

Nice one, newbie. Troll

We were talking specifically about the Book of Genesis.  And I quoted neither that NOR the Bible, as you claimed.  And, you are actually trolling me.  Again, you're not very good at this.

Finally, if you think "Newbie" is some kind of insult, you derive WAY too much importance from having been a member TWO WHOLE YEARS.  Golly, what an accomplishment?  Hilariously, what EXACT WORD does it say under YOUR name, "quake"?  Yes.  NEWBIE.  Time for some emojis, don't you think?  :cheesy::cheesy:????????

A bit of advice, "Newbie" -- better to keep silent and be thought an idiot that open your mouth and remove all doubt.  As you do over and over again.  More emojis!!!!  ????????????????  SO EDGY.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

We were talking specifically about the Book of Genesis.  And I quoted neither that NOR the Bible, as you claimed.  And, you are actually trolling me.  Again, you're not very good at this.

Finally, if you think "Newbie" is some kind of insult, you derive WAY too much importance from having been a member TWO WHOLE YEARS.  Golly, what an accomplishment?  Hilariously, what EXACT WORD does it say under YOUR name, "quake"?  Yes.  NEWBIE.  Time for some emojis, don't you think?  :cheesy::cheesy:????????

A bit of advice, "Newbie" -- better to keep silent and be thought an idiot that open your mouth and remove all doubt.  As you do over and over again.  More emojis!!!!  ????????????????  SO EDGY.

Ok, that's good enough for me.

your on that special list, 

5 hours as a newbie member, well done.

Bye

Edited by quake

Just now, quake said:

Ok, that's good enough for me.

your on that special list, 

5 hours well done.

Bye

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm on a special list!  And call the spelling police again on QUAKE THE NEWBIE!!!!

EMOJIS and FLAN for EVERYONE!!!!???? ????

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, digger70 said:

It doesn't matter how have you lived your live . Death is Death forever no one ever come back to say different.

If you believe in Religion that makes it worse .

How can one believe in something one can't see .

stay in kindergarten forever if you want

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Do you believe that man can become enlightened?

Yes man can, 

If you describe someone or their attitudes as enlightened, you mean that they have sensible, modern attitudes and ways of dealing with things.

15 hours ago, save the frogs said:

stay in kindergarten forever if you want

One can believe what one wants There are things that I don't believe in.

By the way This has Nothing to do with the Kindergarten you visit.

20 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Yes man can, 

If you describe someone or their attitudes as enlightened, you mean that they have sensible, modern attitudes and ways of dealing with things.

In spiritual or philosophical contexts, enlightenment is often associated with concepts of self-realization, transcendence, and liberation from suffering. It is seen as a state of heightened awareness and clarity, where an individual gains deep insights into the nature of reality, the self, and the interconnectedness of all things. This state is often described as a profound inner awakening or realization of one's true nature.

In Buddhism, for example, enlightenment (or "nirvana") is the ultimate goal, representing the cessation of suffering and the attainment of liberation from the cycle of rebirth. It is a state of complete understanding and freedom from ignorance, attachment, and delusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

In spiritual or philosophical contexts, enlightenment is often associated with concepts of self-realization, transcendence, and liberation from suffering. It is seen as a state of heightened awareness and clarity, where an individual gains deep insights into the nature of reality, the self, and the interconnectedness of all things. This state is often described as a profound inner awakening or realization of one's true nature.

In Buddhism, for example, enlightenment (or "nirvana") is the ultimate goal, representing the cessation of suffering and the attainment of liberation from the cycle of rebirth. It is a state of complete understanding and freedom from ignorance, attachment, and delusion.

I am dealing with it All  .

I Don't believe in what you posted. 

46 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I am dealing with it All  .

I Don't believe in what you posted. 

Don't believe? It's the truth -  got from ChatGPT.

What exactly don't you believe about what I wrote?

I urge you to try, self-realisation is quite an experience, I highly recommend it, it's a bit like taking LSD, if you know that.

Edited by Neeranam

One person expounded a sound discussion piece over the question ' what happens when you die?'. I think in order to find the answer to this monumental question one must go back to our very beginning and thereby establish our foundations. Then the question will be do we follow that we were created or do we follow the theory of evolution?

As a creationist we acknowledge we were created by a superior force/being. As an evolutionist, (which most ascribe to), we are left swinging, because this vagueness has been drummed into them at school!

Yes, I'm a creationist follower, and also a Christian. Look at how our amazing bodies are designed. Had to be a superior intelligence behind such a wonderful design. Then there's our world & planets and how it all functions and comes together so precisely, with perfection, nothing by accident!

On the other hand evolution proposes we evolved into a living substance via water, gravitating from a minute speck and after millions of years and amazing transformations, finally emerging as a fully upright walking, intelligent human being?

Now if you subscribe to this latter theory I'm thinking you would have a more scientific mind and will consider what it says about life & death. 

That's is the average life span of a man is just over 70 years and medical science agrees the body being worn out causes our bodily functions to cease, finish, all is dead! Breathing stops, and the heart stops pumping our blood around the body, so our brain ceases to work. Finnito! The End!

Now as a Christian, knowing God exists, I realise that we are created with our bodies, then a mind, and then the most important part a Spirit!

I know that when my term here on earth comes to an end I have absolutely nothing to fear having dedicated my life to Christ! 

You see, yes our bodies & minds cease here but our eternal Spirits live on, (Wonderful!), waiting for the day we join Jesus in Heaven to its eternal peace! All suffering being finished as we are provided with our eternal bodies, fresh, healthy, no sickness, fully fit! Amen to that!

So readers think upon that. Which would you prefer? Don't leave it until the last minute. Do some investigation now. None of us know when we end our time here on earth - you/I could be run over by a ten ton truck tomorrow. Don't wait lovely people, investigate! God Bless you all!

Edited by Apostle41
Slig
  • Haha 1