What do you believe happens to you when you die?

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That's fine if you have done research into other beliefs and have made an intellectual or experiential decision - Atheism is actually a belief too. 

Rather sad that you call other people's spiritual beliefs, 'claptrap'.  

Do you know that around 4 billion people in the world believe in reincarnation?

Somehow I feel you are very closed-minded and probably not open to discussion. 

I think you should try to look at what it is in fact that you are scared of when looking at afterlife, you might be surprised. 

Well I'll grant you that atheism is also a belief system, and one of course that I believe in.

Whilst I can't help the fact that there are a lot of people out there (4 billion you say) who believe in reincarnation, much as the ancient Egyptians did, which is why they buried various artefacts with their dead, in order to help them in their "Afterlife", I'm a great believer in facts and when someone can prove that there is an afterlife, or come back from the dead, then maybe I'll change my stance.

Despite what you think I'm not closed minded and I'm always open to discussion on subjects which can be proven, one way or another, not "fairytales" which have no basis in reality, just in someone's mind.

Thank you for your advice about "try to look at what it is in fact that you are scared of when looking at afterlife", but I will forego that advice, because I'm not scared of dying (or the supposed afterlife) and I certainly know that I won't be back after that, or in fact living high and wide in my afterlife!

Your responses remind me very much of the few times that I have been accosted by Mormons over the years, and I remember saying to a couple of them after they had said, "have you found Jesus"?, To which I replied, "I didn't know he was missing". Which didn't go down too well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I was hypnotically regressed for a Scottish Hallo'een TV program. Uri Geller was on it -  interesting guy. 

I died in 1863, so it took over 100 years to be reborn. 

First we have Dr. Duncan Macdougall, the 21 gram soul weigher, now we have Uri Geller! 

“Geller is a clever charlatan,” said Milbourne Christopher, chairman of the Occult Investigations Committee of the Society of American Magicians. “A careful study of his career and observations of his act by magicians have turned up numerous instances of cheating.” New York Times

You sure know how to pick 'em.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

First we have Dr. Duncan Macdougall, the 21 gram soul weigher, now we have Uri Geller! 

“Geller is a clever charlatan,” said Milbourne Christopher, chairman of the Occult Investigations Committee of the Society of American Magicians. “A careful study of his career and observations of his act by magicians have turned up numerous instances of cheating.” New York Times

You sure know how to pick 'em.

I never picked these guys, just said I saw a documentary on one and met the other. 

Uri Geller was hired by the US government and helped find Saddam Hussain. They obviously don't see him as a charlatan. When meeting him, it's obvious, to some, that he has a sixth sense. 

• Confused 3

33 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

“Geller is a clever charlatan,”

I mentioned him as he was just on the same episode of the Art Sutter show.

My father had a watch that hadn't worked for many years, and started miraculously after Uri was on TV. He is good at what he does. 

• Haha 2

On 6/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, bignok said:
On 6/6/2023 at 1:05 PM, Bert got kinky said:

agree with Karl Marx that religion is the opiate of the masses.

Quoting a communist.

Do you by default think that by definition EVERYTHING a communist says must be incorrect?

49 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Geller is a clever charlatan,”

I mentioned him as he was just on the same episode of the Art Sutter show.

My father had a watch that hadn't worked for many years, and started miraculously after Uri was on TV. He is good at what he does.

Perhaps Prawit's dead friend effected a repair via a ouija board? ???? ????

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

I'm a great believer in facts and when someone can prove that there is an afterlife, or come back from the dead, then maybe I'll change my stance.

Despite what you think I'm not closed minded and I'm always open to discussion on subjects which can be proven, one way or another, not "fairytales" which have no basis in reality, just in someone's mind.

Your birth is a fairy tale when you consider the odds against it happening &

consider the *origin of life* (not just your parents hooking up)

14 minutes ago, ICU Kid said:

Your birth is a fairy tale when you consider the odds against it happening &

consider the *origin of life* (not just your parents hooking up)

My birth was something which was seen and witnessed and actually took place, hence here I am, so not a fairytale, just an actual event. If the same could be said for "reincarnation" then I might just become a believer, as "The Monkees" sang.

And as for our origins, well I'll leave that up to others to discuss on another thread perhaps?

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

My birth was something which was seen and witnessed and actually took place, hence here I am, so not a fairytale, just an actual event. If the same could be said for "reincarnation" then I might just become a believer, as "The Monkees" sang.

And as for our origins, well I'll leave that up to others to discuss on another thread perhaps?

Maybe you're dreaming and not actually real ;)

I am not surprised of all the replies to this post. I really believe it’s all delusion when your heart stops and your brain stops. That’s it your death never met a person who lived in the past and came back. It’s like believing in Santa clause for the tooth fairy. Maybe don’t get me wrong whatever makes you feel good believing that, but what do you think? The reality of it all is it’s the final curtain. TIT

• Like 1

when i was on high i could see everything below in monochrome ,when my consciousness slipped back into my body i felt sorry to go back into my body

.i felt my heart start beating again ,but messy pants full of    faeces ,mates were laffing at the smell

7 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

I am not surprised of all the replies to this post. I really believe it’s all delusion when your heart stops and your brain stops. That’s it your death never met a person who lived in the past and came back. It’s like believing in Santa clause for the tooth fairy. Maybe don’t get me wrong whatever makes you feel good believing that, but what do you think? The reality of it all is it’s the final curtain. TIT

Lack of imagination?

I agree with other posters that there is an almost universal fear that something *may* happen with us after our bodies go kaput so many go into denial mode "It's impossible", ":claptrap" and so on

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2023 at 12:58 PM, NoDisplayName said:

Careful what you pray for.

The contract doesn't explicitly say "female," nor "human."

Good luck.

Where did you get 76 from? Its 72. No way I’m gonna be able to handle 76. 72 is doable. ????????????????????

9 minutes ago, ICU Kid said:

Lack of imagination?

I agree with other posters that there is an almost universal fear that something *may* happen with us after our bodies go kaput so many go into denial mode "It's impossible", ":claptrap" and so on

I don't see many posts talking about a "universal fear that something may happen after our bodies go kaput" – – that's just your take on what you would like to believe.

A bit like trying to have a discussion about how many fairies can fit on a pinhead....

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I don't see many posts talking about a "universal fear that something may happen after our bodies go kaput" – – that's just your take on what you would like to believe.

A bit like trying to have a discussion about how many fairies can fit on a pinhead....

"cos I can't see it it don't exist"

That's fine too. I understand your pov