What do you believe happens to you when you die?

22 hours ago, digger70 said:

They are things one can Feel Religion one can't Feel/See

you can feel being blessed, and you can feel the message, same as one feel music and peotry. 

you feel the nature when you step out in to it? 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2023 at 7:38 AM, Celsius said:

Humans are not smart as we think. Our brain could never possibly understand what is exactly out there. The Earth looks flat, but you travel a bit outside and it looks round. The earth looks like the center of everything, but not really if you look from another point of view. Sounds like a double slit experiment to me.

I no not believe in afterlife, but I do believe it is entirely possible to be reborn again trillions, quazzilions years in the future and most likely in another "universe". Out consciousness would not be the same and it would not somehow be magically transferred to a new body. You would be a completely different person or animal without any knowledge of your "past lives" In my opinion living now is probably your zillionth life already billions and quazillion years in the future and it will continue ad anfinitum. 

I guess in this life we could be grateful that some technological advances have been made to have our lives make a bit easier and suffer less. 

Eternal life is your dna being spread,  but you will be dead my friend. We all carry the past in our Chromosones, dna and genes, so meaning you being reborned could happen, but it will not be you as you

On 6/6/2023 at 3:38 PM, Celsius said:

Humans are not smart as we think. Our brain could never possibly understand what is exactly out there. The Earth looks flat, but you travel a bit outside and it looks round. The earth looks like the center of everything, but not really if you look from another point of view. Sounds like a double slit experiment to me.

I no not believe in afterlife, but I do believe it is entirely possible to be reborn again trillions, quazzilions years in the future and most likely in another "universe". Out consciousness would not be the same and it would not somehow be magically transferred to a new body. You would be a completely different person or animal without any knowledge of your "past lives" In my opinion living now is probably your zillionth life already billions and quazillion years in the future and it will continue ad anfinitum. 

I guess in this life we could be grateful that some technological advances have been made to have our lives make a bit easier and suffer less. 

Hey man can I get some of thay sh*t that youre smokjn ????

On 6/6/2023 at 10:18 PM, Neeranam said:

I have seen proof of reincarnation, when I met the Dalai Lama in India. 

How does one 'see proof' of reincarnation?

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

There are some well-documented accounts of children, usually quite young, who have past life memories that prove out to be accurate and link them to having been another person and not a famous person either. 

I am not a particular believer but have found some of them quite credible - 2-3 of them shown in the tail end of a Netflix doc. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I will pm you the netflix title when I am back home

I do NOT consider Netflix, which I will never watch as a source of reliable factual information!

You said; "There are some well-documented accounts"!

Please provide links to these documents!

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I am not a particular believer but have found some of them quite credible - 2-3 of them shown in the tail end of a Netflix doc.

I remember seeing one account of a guy who reckoned he was a soldier in the American civil war. He gave some details and descriptions of his time during the period but when he was placed under hypnosis, it turned out that he'd recently been to a library and just flicked through the pages of a book about the civil war where all his past-life info was found in the text and photos within the pages.

Apparently he was unaware that his sub-conscious had picked out segments and details and stored the information.

I'm still sitting on the fence about anything related to reincarnation, paranormal, supernatural, conspiracies etc.

I hope before I pop my clogs that I can get some definitive answers to life's great mysteries.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, scottiejohn said:

I do NOT consider Netflix, which I will never watch as a source of reliable factual information!

Documentaries can provide some proofs, Netflix is just providing the access as a platform through streaming. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bobandyson said:

I remember seeing one account of a guy who reckoned he was a soldier in the American civil war. He gave some details and descriptions of his time during the period but when he was placed under hypnosis, it turned out that he'd recently been to a library and just flicked through the pages of a book about the civil war where all his past-life info was found in the text and photos within the pages.

Apparently he was unaware that his sub-conscious had picked out segments and details and stored the information.

I'm still sitting on the fence about anything related to reincarnation, paranormal, supernatural, conspiracies etc.

I hope before I pop my clogs that I can get some definitive answers to life's great mysteries.

I do not believe in reincarnation, but our brain is a complex thing, so anything is possible, even creating false memories, or could it be genetic memories past down through ancestors? 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They have tests for identifying the young lamas.

That's not 'seeing proof' of reincarnation, you have simply seen a person who believes in reincarnation. (and there are plenty of those around) The current Dalai Lama was selected from a short list of candidates, all born around the same time, at the age of 2 after he correctly identified objects, formally belonging to his predecessor.

Surely that's nothing more than a game of chance, given that a boy of 2 would hardly be able to understand what the 'game' was all about. Purely by chance, Tenzin Gyatso simply chose more correct objects than his rivals.

45 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Documentaries can provide some proofs, Netflix is just providing the access as a platform through streaming. 

Where does Netflix provide a link to referenced documents?

Not that it matters but, as I said I earlier I will never subscribe to it Netflix and pointing someone to Pay for view/subscription service is not the best way to provide the proof that I am requesting!

The previous poster said, and I quote; "There are some well-documented accounts"!

I would love to read these well-documented accounts and check their veracity!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2023 at 12:01 PM, Neeranam said:

Don't believe? It's the truth -  got from ChatGPT.

What exactly don't you believe about what I wrote?

I urge you to try, self-realisation is quite an experience, I highly recommend it, it's a bit like taking LSD, if you know that.

Well now I don't take LSD , You say it's the Truth , I say it isn't so Forget the other Cr@p

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Well now I don't take LSD , You say it's the Truth , I say it isn't so Forget the other Cr@p

Everyone should take LSD once. 

The founder of AA took it for a spiritual experience, after he quit drinking. Actually it was used in hospital with allies. 

Mexican Indians use it for spiritual experience. 

It seems weird to me that some people don't want a spiritual experience. 

What do you believe happens to you when you die?

all friends and family will have a party which will last a couple of days.

my bank account will be emptied to a zero balance.

my condo will be stripped bare of all furniture and fittings within two days.

and after one week they won't even remember my name. 

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

why bother - it is from a Netflix documentary which I found credible... you're welcome, closed minded but welcome. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

that doesn't seem to be true... one person cited was Ian Stephenson... 

in the documentary, you can gather a whole host of information... but you don't like where the documentary is posted... it is fascinating as you get to see the people not just read the accounts... 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

Shouldn't be on open forum? You made your claim in open forum, so your source should be posted here, not in a pm.

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

ok.. I found the same account but less detailed than Netflix... on YouTube...