Anyone else having trouble receiving Netcode from Commbank to AIS phone number?

11 hours ago, gimo said:

Yes . I have exactly the same problem. Commbank people said the same thing to me .They said take the phone to an AIS shop and ask them about whether it's been blocked for some reason . I'm waiting for my son to recover from covid so that he can make sure the people at the AIS shop understand the problem 100%  -- my Thai is average . If thay can't help , the Commbank bloke said  - to buy another sim with a different number and see if it works -- if so , put it in each time I try to make a transfer .

It is NOT AIS. It is Commbank. Regarding the buy a new sim card - to change your number on Commbank you need a netcode ha ha ha.

• Like 1

I have had similar problems with Westpac and gmail login verification - usually I just wait a few minutes and try again; if not, wait 5 minutes and all is ok.   Seems to be a temporarey glitch in the system, maybe.

16 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Not on a PC.

You never mentioned that you are using a pc, otherwise I wouldn't be bothered to answer. ????

Plus you can still get the otp(netcode) through the app as i do and still use it on the commonwealth bank website on a PC...... 

This way no more sms issues as you are now experiencing. 

✌️

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gearbox said:

You can call them with Skype credit, use their Australian phone, not 1300, the charges are around 3.2 cents a minute. I spend sometimes up to an hour on call with the banks.i

I always call the 1800 number of the commonwealth bank, it's free through Skype and it doesn't matter if they put me on hold for an hour or so 

Same as when I call AMP, service nsw, Vanguard Australia etc

But if I do need to call another place without a 1800 number, as you mentioned, I call their landline number NOT the 1300 number and its dirt cheap ????

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PythonHouse said:

All sorted. I downloaded the app onto my mobile phone and it all worked. Funny, I got the SMS OK via the app.

Good!

this way there will be no more sms,,

every netcode required will come up on the app 

As I said previously I hsve been using it this way since 2020

Never failed ????

20 hours ago, gearbox said:

Get an Oz SIM, life would be easier, the Aldi sim can be maintained for as little as $15 per year.

very true. I have used AldiMobile for many years. Great customer support, great coverage in Aus (they use the Telstra network) and best value.

I have an AldiMobile SIM for my OZ mobile, and online I recharge it with a series of call/data/text 30 day packages when I am in OZ. I also have a separate data only SIM that sits in my laptop when I am in Aus.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, walailak said:

You never mentioned that you are using a pc, otherwise I wouldn't be bothered to answer. ????

Plus you can still get the otp(netcode) through the app as i do and still use it on the commonwealth bank website on a PC...... 

This way no more sms issues as you are now experiencing. 

✌️

I do not have internet on my phone so there is no app. Just go along with all the children and do what the bank tells you to do instead of the bank doing what you want, and what worked perfectly well in the past.

On 6/8/2023 at 1:27 PM, ozimoron said:

I have the same issue with NAB. AIS have said there is no issue and the bank told me to clear my mobile browser cookies from the phone and restart then wait half an hour. It's odd advice because I don't use the mobile browser for internet banking and it has no technical link with the sms system on my phone.

I reported the same issue to NAB over 10 days ago, just absolutely hopeless bunch of morons at the CS help desk.

I can receive 2FA codes from Microsoft, Google, Wise Australia, OFX Australia, I even changed my 2FA Thailand number from True too my DTAC phone still fails.

I have used my Windows PC for the last 5 years successfully to use NAB internet banking in Thailand, receiving these 2FA codes on my phone.

Same iPhone for the 2FA SMS codes for 5 years.

I went through all the same BS as other OP about cookies etc. but you can't define stupidity.

I have been receiving these 2FA codes from NAB for over 5 years, here.

Even had 3 friends in different states of AUS to SMS me successfully.

NAB wanted me to chase down TRUE, I told them I don't think so as it happens on DTAC mobile service as well.

It could be an underlying issue on the international gateway provider in Thailand, I told them go have your tech people chase down CAT Telecom who own the base internet infrastructure.

Maybe with all the scam SMS going on, they have blocked these numbers from AUS.

I spent hours over 4 service calls to these morons in AUS CS help desk going over the same explanation and security checks, costing me no doubt quite a few Baht on my mobile.

BTW, on the fourth service NAB call, they indicated another customer in BKK reported the same NAB problem.

To circumvent as temporary solution, I had to change my 2FA number to my son in Australia, so I could move funds internationally into Thailand.

I have worked in IT for 40 years with allied and competitive vendors in cross-platform infrastructure troubleshooting problems.

These hopeless IT people responsible for identifying and resolving this SMS problem should all be sacked, an absolute useless bunch of pretenders that have no sense of urgency or how to troubleshoot this problem.

I wanted to send them this Wikipedia article  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS Short Message/Messaging Service, as they seem to lack any understanding of SMS gateway providers.

But now NAB as cut off the ability to send emails in your account, you have to communicate with that useless Chat BOT.

To date, no updated information from NAB on the problem.

You have to wonder the level of the incompetence of the tech people in their networks' division.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

The reason is that the phone carrier is blocking netcode and other verification codes and OTP. It is not legally required by any local or Foreign legislation, the phone carriers just do not want to do it. Further to the CBA customer is they are no longer supporting iPad and this may affect you on any iOS software, but I am unsure. I was getting netcode and verification via my bank app on a Samsung I unwittingly bought (garbage phone) but the app received it directly until the phone itself broke. Now I cannot make international transfers, online purchases or login to a multitude of finance apps and banks from over 5 countries. Currently in Cambodia and had the same issue in Indonesia, but never in Thailand (used dtac). I know if you go in store to a dtac office, they can set up roaming for while you are in a neighboring country to receive sms. But if anyone is having issue with receiving netcode, OTP or verification SMS the only solution is to speak directly with your phone carrier to remove the block on receiving these types of sms. They are a different type of sms with higher security so when they say your (standard) sms feature is not blocked you will have to patiently persist. Good luck though 😂😂😂😂

On 6/8/2023 at 12:56 PM, PythonHouse said:

I am trying to get a netcode from Commonwealth Bank in Australia to an AIS number.

I went through this issue years ago, each blaming each other.

How did I solve the problem, next time I went back to Oz, I purchased an Oz sim card through Vodafone, its a prepaid $20 sim 365 days, I advised CBA of the new number, turned on roaming as that prepaid plan doesn't charge you for roaming, but I guarantee you, you won't ring or text anyone from it as your $20 will be over very soon.

Been receiving CBA codes and other organisations like MyGov since. 

I recharge every year online as I made an account with Vodafone and it stores my previous information. 

Doing it this way will help you in the future, if you aren't going back to Oz, get a friend to buy you the sim and send it over, just make sure 110% it's the right one. The you have to let the bank know of your new number because they won't send codes to international numbers I am told.

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I went through this issue years ago, each blaming each other.

How did I solve the problem, next time I went back to Oz, I purchased an Oz sim card through Vodafone, its a prepaid $20 sim 365 days, I advised CBA of the new number, turned on roaming as that prepaid plan doesn't charge you for roaming, but I guarantee you, you won't ring or text anyone from it as your $20 will be over very soon.

Been receiving CBA codes and other organisations like MyGov since. 

I recharge every year online as I made an account with Vodafone and it stores my previous information. 

Doing it this way will help you in the future, if you aren't going back to Oz, get a friend to buy you the sim and send it over, just make sure 110% it's the right one. The you have to let the bank know of your new number because they won't send codes to international numbers I am told.

I switched from Aldi to Vodafone just prior to retiring to Thailand because I figured they were a safer bet than "Medion" or whichever Telstra reseller it is that Aldi uses.

I too use the prepaid 365 day option but the price is now A$40 via the app/website. 

Where do you get your recharge vouchers? I could do with an extra twenty bucks in these inflationary times 😉

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I switched from Aldi to Vodafone just prior to retiring to Thailand because I figured they were a safer bet than "Medion" or whichever Telstra reseller it is that Aldi uses.

I too use the prepaid 365 day option but the price is now A$40 via the app/website. 

Where do you get your recharge vouchers? I could do with an extra twenty bucks in these inflationary times 😉

I recharge from my laptop using their site, i.e. Login to My Vodafone.

Once I put in my number, they then ask me if I would like the link on my mobile via a text or email, I nominate email and click the link.

I just did it and my plan is still $20 for 365 days so I don't know why your paying $40 ?

I don't use vouchers, although I did see that there is a box you can click on to use a voucher.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I recharge from my laptop using their site, i.e. Login to My Vodafone.

Once I put in my number, they then ask me if I would like the link on my mobile via a text or email, I nominate email and click the link.

I just did it and my plan is still $20 for 365 days so I don't know why your paying $40 ?

I don't use vouchers, although I did see that there is a box you can click on to use a voucher.

Yeah I use the Voda AU app, or the website when the app isn't playing nice.

I looked up the current offerings from Vodafone and the cheapest 365 day plan is $40. Hard to tell if they're still offering it to new customers though, the wording is a bit ambiguous.

I'll hazard a guess and say that they've grandfathered you because you were an existing customer with they doubled the price a few years back. 

I rejoined Vodafone in November 2021 after a long absence.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Yeah I use the Voda AU app, or the website when the app isn't playing nice.

I looked up the current offerings from Vodafone and the cheapest 365 day plan is $40. Hard to tell if they're still offering it to new customers though, the wording is a bit ambiguous.

I'll hazard a guess and say that they've grandfathered you because you were an existing customer with they doubled the price a few years back. 

I rejoined Vodafone in November 2021 after a long absence.

I'd say you right as I just looked up the prepaid plan on the website and it is $40, as you say, they've grandfathered it as I have been using it since 2015 when I moved here, still even at $40 it's still worth it IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Interesting that plan has global roaming for free, thought they charged for short time like the other carriers.

I overcame the problem by changing my Telstra number to Aldi on a similar plan to yours. Do not know how long the roaming will continue though, will check Vodaphone if it stops.

On 6/9/2023 at 10:06 AM, walailak said:

But if I do need to call another place without a 1800 number, as you mentioned, I call their landline number NOT the 1300 number and its dirt cheap ????

have you checked to see if they have a Facebook page?
commbank does...message with a real live person to sort sh!t out

8 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Interesting that plan has global roaming for free, thought they charged for short time like the other carriers.

I overcame the problem by changing my Telstra number to Aldi on a similar plan to yours. Do not know how long the roaming will continue though, will check Vodaphone if it stops.

Someone advised on this post that they have Grandfathered the plan that I am on, so it might be that others have to pay for roaming, like $5 a day ?

I did see that it went up to $40, not sure if it has roaming though, best to check it out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Someone advised on this post that they have Grandfathered the plan that I am on, so it might be that others have to pay for roaming, like $5 a day ?

I did see that it went up to $40, not sure if it has roaming though, best to check it out.

Will stay with Aldi until there is a problem.

• Thanks 1