https://www.canyon.com/en-th/ Anybody has ordered from them (shipped to Thailand) ?

happysoul

Hello,

I looking for feedback from somebody that would have ordered a Canyon from the Thai website and had it shipped here. I bought one but "imported" it myself when coming back from EU. No hassle at the customs in BKK, just went straight through and no questions. But I would appreciate getting it at my door step here in TH.

I was told that the import duties would be 30% but I never could speak with someone with real life experience. That's why I come here to ask.

Cheers and keep on riding

IMG_20230521_093829.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. Yes, bringing it in is what I did. 

Just wanted to have a real life experiment from someone who would have ordered and have it delivered in TH to know the truth (if there is any ;)) about importing a bike from an online sale.

I asked a person on FB that ordered it on the thai Canyon website and apparently was delivered here but his answer was quite vague and unclear. I guessed he didn't want to say how much more he had to pay as import duties.

So the question is still open, has anyone experience in import duties when ordering on Canyon (or Radon or any other online bike seller) for a Thailand delivery ?

Thanks & Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

A little update on import experience. I ordered 2 saddles from a German website with a delivery in Thailand. The shipment was made by DHL and taken over by Thai Post once here.

I got the green paper from TP stating I had to pay taxes. On that paper it says that any import over 1500 TBH has duty fees. The 2 saddles, at today's rate, were worth 4500 TBH (including shipping). I was charged on a value of 3000 TBH and had to pay 551 TBH. I wanted to join the green paper but the post office kept it and I didn't picture it before. In the category of items, cycling was not specified.

I just ordered a bag for bike transportation on the same website that is more expensive than the 2 saddles, I'll update this post with how much I'll have to pay for that one.

Have a good cycling day

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

A little update on the subject of importing, might serve others too.

I did another try from Bike24, ordered a bike travel bag (Evoc). I paid EUR 411.- in total. As the previous order, got the greenish form from post office but no numbers were written on it. Thought at first, cool, no tax to be paid... But no... Actually the parcel was at the Custom's house, not the local post office. So went there to get the parcel. First question was what is it and how much is it worth. I probably could have lied but just sticked to the truth and said it was EUR 400.-. When telling them that is was a bag, they kind of looked amazed by it size and asked further for what use it was. I answered it was a bicycle bag. They replied that, as it was a sports bag, the tax wasn't 30% but only 20%. So I ended up paying 4'260.- import duties (including VAT). Interesting is that the VAT is calculated on the estimated value + import tax.

In that case, I ended up paying VAT 2 times, one in Germany and one in Thailand. I guess that depending on the seller/coutry, you could try to avoid paying VAT in the foreign country as you pay it in Thailand. But it could turn out to be quite difficult or impossible, I didn't try to contact Bike24 in that regard and will not, too much time consuming.

Keep rolling !

Edited by happysoul

• 8 months later...

Hi, sorry not to be of help as I did the same as you when I came back from England, where I had my Canyon delivered. I had heard it was 37.5% import tax. That forced me to rethink and go to plan B like you. It is a huge saving compared to importing or buying locally. That's only if you are not making a special journey home for it of course. EVA Air for one lets you have 2 pieces of luggage up to 23kg so it's doable.

• Agree 1