Trump says he's been indicted in classified docs probe

Scott

47 minutes ago, riclag said:

“Not that I have any information to prove it.”

Cohen a convicted liar ! I understand why he’s being interviewed!

This is sad way to try to change public perception !imop

Of course, he's a crook! He used to work for Trump!

He may be wrong, but he also knows the Trump family swamp quite well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like the j6 shoe dropped he’s been notified he’s the target of the j6 probe better late than never ehh?major victim tantrum imminent!

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Looks like he will be on faux news tonight for his (town hall) cry baby victim tantrum hate fest I won’t watch it but will be awaiting the highlights looks like it’s shaping up to be a good day for America ????????!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tug said:

Looks like he will be on faux news tonight for his (town hall) cry baby victim tantrum hate fest I won’t watch it but will be awaiting the highlights looks like it’s shaping up to be a good day for America ????????!!!

Just wait till you see the Jim Jordan wail.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

"The Republican Party must fight fire with fire, and right now, or it will be extinguished!!!" Trump posted. "The Republican Party must get tough, now. This is the strong sentiment that’s flowing through the veins of Patriots. DO SOMETHING!!!"

“Under the United States Constitution, I have the right to protest an Election that I am fully convinced was Rigged and Stolen, just as Democrats have done against me in 2016, and many others have done over the ages,” Trump wrote. ????

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/18/politics/trump-special-counsel-probe/index.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

People on here may consider Trump to be a joke. But there are persons behind him that would use Trump as President (again) as a vehicle to promote a series of vast government overhaul measures that are definitely NOT a joke. (from Maggie Haberman and NYT team) --

Trump and Allies Forge Plans to Increase Presidential Power in 2025

The former president and his backers aim to strengthen the power of the White House and limit the independence of federal agencies.

July 17, 2023

Donald J. Trump and his allies are planning a sweeping expansion of presidential power over the machinery of government if voters return him to the White House in 2025, reshaping the structure of the executive branch to concentrate far greater authority directly in his hands.

Their plans to centralize more power in the Oval Office stretch far beyond the former president’s recent remarks that he would order a criminal investigation into his political rival, President Biden, signaling his intent to end the post-Watergate norm of Justice Department independence from White House political control.

Mr. Trump and his associates have a broader goal: to alter the balance of power by increasing the president’s authority over every part of the federal government that now operates, by either law or tradition, with any measure of independence from political interference by the White House, according to a review of his campaign policy proposals and interviews with people close to him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/17/us/politics/trump-plans-2025.html

https://archive.is/ZCaH9

Yes, a presidential dictatorship, the end of democracy, and Trump as  Il 

Duce for life probably followed by Don Jr. North Korea style.

53 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

And as in the linked article, much of these ideas are not new or conjured by Trump, some date back to even President Reagan -- the Conservative think tanks et al have just been waiting for the proper vessel to come along.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

More like Orban style. The head of the Hungarian govt has pretty much eviscerated democracy in his country by completely politicizing all branches of the govt. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

More like Orban style. The head of the Hungarian govt has pretty much eviscerated democracy in his country by completely politicizing all branches of the govt. 

Yes of course but I think Trump has visions of a Trump family DYNASTY as well. 

Keep in mind his core maga base actually WORSHIPS the man as a demigod and that's quite North Korean.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

For me, the prospect of whether Trump gets convicted or not for any of these actual or possible criminal or civil charges extent P-A-L-E-S against the notion of Trump again being elected President in 2024.

Kinda odd none of the trump supporters are defending him on the j6 indictment thread here on t.v. Is the spell broken or most likely even they realize they can’t defend the indefensible 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tug said:

Kinda odd none of the trump supporters are defending him on the j6 indictment thread here on t.v. Is the spell broken or most likely even they realize they can’t defend the indefensible 

I don't knw if you are referring to me as a Trump supporter. I voted against him twice.

• Like 1

"And so I had to write this incandescently stupid memo called something like, 'Afghanistan, How to Put America First and Win.' And then bullet by bullet, I summed up this highly classified memo into Trump's sort of bombastic language because it was the only way he was gonna understand," Taylor added. "I mean, I literally said in there, 'You know, if we leave Afghanistan too fast, the terrorists will call us losers. But if we wanna be seen as winners, we need to make sure the Afghan forces have the strength to push back against these criminals.' I mean, it was that dumb and that's how you had to talk to him." ????

https://news.yahoo.com/incandescently-stupid-former-dhs-official-145845005.html

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Its gets deeper and deeper with the 3rd party now added to the indictment and then we have Trump Employee 4 who it appears is the director of IT for Mara Lago.....star witness.

Lawrence: We now know who the star witness in the Trump docs case will be | Watch (msn.com)

I believe his only defence is running for President...............

3 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

I believe his only defence is running for President...............

Scary to think it is his only way out, and yet it would be enough to impeach him with.  People are going to jail over this and it would be a shame if the Donald evaded that while his friends and colleagues and employees were put away for years, just like Nixons Chief of staff was for watergate....

• Thumbs Up 1

Now indicted for the January 6th insurrection

Trump charged in probe of Jan. 6, efforts to overturn 2020 election - The Washington Post

The four-count, 45-page indictment accuses Trump, who is again running for president, of three distinct criminal schemes, charging that he conspired to defraud the United States, conspired to obstruct an official proceeding and conspired against people’s rights.

“The attack on our nation’s capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was an unprecedented assault on the seat of American democracy,” special counsel Jack Smith told reporters after the indictment was filed. “It was fueled by lies, lies by the defendant.”

Smith also praised the law enforcement officers who defended the U.S. Capitol, saying that they “did not just defend a building or the people sheltering in it. They put their lives on the line to defend who we are as a country and a people.”

Document here

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/01/indictment-document-trump-jan-6-pdf/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1