Unpaid speeding fine

So once again, the threatened consequence of failing to pay ...

... mean nothing, as before. 

Millions, inclusive (though can't see getting a citation) will not pay in the future.  Paid a few in the past, which, obviously wasn't required.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Millions, inclusive (though can't see getting a citation) will not pay in the future.  Paid a few in the past, which, obviously wasn't required.

I did initially intend to pay, but I thought I still had a month left, so my reasoning was ;'well I'm up for the extra 1k already so might as well leave it until i re-tax the car, thinking the testing station aka Cog shop, would call and I could pay it to them/bank as they were not going to the LTO until the day after. We'll see what happens when I need to renew my DL, maybe have to pay AND loose points :unsure:. I wonder if i would have had to pay had i gone myself to renew the tax not a Cog shop with a pile of blue books to be processed.  

1 minute ago, quake said:

Put them in the filing system,  same as the locals do.

why should anyone do any different from the locals.

until they enforce payment.

TIT.

file.JPG

Because the fine goes from 500b to 1,500b. I did mean to pay it but as i had gone through the same camera 3 weeks later thought i'd wait till that came and pay them together, the first one arrived a month after it happened, It never came, if i do get done for that one, you will be reading "Falang goes crazy in KOH CHANG POST OFFICE for their inability to deliver mail, more than twice a year.'' Watch this space. 

• Haha 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

Because the fine goes from 500b to 1,500b. I did mean to pay it but as i had gone through the same camera 3 weeks later thought i'd wait till that came and pay them together, the first one arrived a month after it happened, It never came, if i do get done for that one, you will be reading "Falang goes crazy in KOH CHANG POST OFFICE for their inability to deliver mail, more than twice a year.'' Watch this space. 

I think it will just turn into the usual.

All talk, threats, Dog and Pony show, we know so well here.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

My Thai Mrs.. seems to collect speeding fines through the post like Green shield stamps, dating back 3 years as far as i know, she's never paid one, & is constantly told  she can never tax her car when its next due , but always does. The authorities   don't seem to be able to keep track of  who's paid and who has'nt 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Just renewed my Road Tax for the car at Pranburi.  I had just paid a ticket which had finally made it to my house after being sent to Bangkok in February. Took the proof of payment with me to the DLT.  The lady at the desk for my Road Tax told me my payment would be 1k Thb more as I had a unpaid ticket in the system.  I showed her the ticket and the payment receipt for paying it through scanning the barcode on the ticket.  She then entered the information in the computer, and off I went after paying just the regular road tax payment of 1,635 Thb, and nothing extra.  So some DLT's are linked up, but then maybe it was because my ticket was from a camera in Nakhon Si Thamarat.

• Thanks 2

We have received dozens of these fines the past few years. Paid the 1st one, threw away the remainder. 90kph is simply not a reasonable speed limit, and I ignore unreasonable and nonsensical. Never had an issue renewing a drivers license, or registration. They do not appear to have the long threatened central database in place. Hooray!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Pink Mist said:

Just renewed my Road Tax for the car at Pranburi.  I had just paid a ticket which had finally made it to my house after being sent to Bangkok in February. Took the proof of payment with me to the DLT.  The lady at the desk for my Road Tax told me my payment would be 1k Thb more as I had a unpaid ticket in the system.  I showed her the ticket and the payment receipt for paying it through scanning the barcode on the ticket.  She then entered the information in the computer, and off I went after paying just the regular road tax payment of 1,635 Thb, and nothing extra.  So some DLT's are linked up, but then maybe it was because my ticket was from a camera in Nakhon Si Thamarat.

Maybe it was becoz you went to DLT yourself. I'm thinking 'coz mine was taken with a lot of others from the cog shop they couldn't be bothered to check them all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

Maybe it was becoz you went to DLT yourself. I'm thinking 'coz mine was taken with a lot of others from the cog shop they couldn't be bothered to check them all. 

That could very well be a good reason.  Not sure what the situation is around the country.  I had to jump hoops just to change the registration on my car when we moved from BKK to PKK.  I didn't want to have anything that could cause me problems going to where it should not.  Most do not care it seems. Changing the registration but keeping my Bangkok plate was a real fun experience, even worse than having all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once.  The same experience with changing the address on my driving licenses.  It would have been easier just to change the plates and do my licenses here in Pranburi

I see a lot more police standing on overhead bridges now, so I'm looking out for them carefully. In Nakhon Pathom they use the bridge in front of tesco lotus mostly with a speed limit of 60kph, which is utterly ridiculous. Following the local police Facebook page helps. 

I got my first ticket ever on Rama 2 over Songkran and I'm sure it was by an officer hiding, not a camera. 500baht fine for going 130+ on an empty road, I just paid it. 

I went to check if I have a point on my licence (https://ptm.police.go.th/eTicket/#/registration) but you need to be Thai to check (needs a laser ID from the back of the Thai ID card). 

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I did mean to pay it but as i had gone through the same camera 3 weeks later thought i'd wait till that came and pay them together

So let me get this straight. You got a ticket from a camera and 3 weeks later you forgot there was a camera there and thought it was ok to break the law in the same place. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

So let me get this straight. You got a ticket from a camera and 3 weeks later you forgot there was a camera there and thought it was ok to break the law in the same place. 

No READ my post 5hrs ago