Rampant racism alleged by Black workers at California Tesla factory

onthedarkside

image.png.2bdaf007a041fa5844dc0fe1fb4f114b.png

Tesla may face a class-action lawsuit after 240 Black factory workers in California described rampant racism and discrimination at the electric automaker's San Francisco Bay Area plant, including frequent use of racial slurs and references to the manufacturing site as a plantation or slave ship.

The testimonies filed Monday in Alameda County Superior Court come from contractors and employees who worked on the production floor of the factory in Fremont, roughly 40 miles southeast of San Francisco. The vast majority worked at the site between 2016 and now. 

READ MORE

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tesla-racism-rampant-black-workers-san-francisco-bay-area-fremont-factory-class-action/

image.png.1ca0b13771b88c6b92ca74ff964304ff.png

• Haha 1

Prior comment by moderator onthedarkside: Moved to here.

An off topic was removed along with a comment on moderation

*A new comment on moderation has also been removed, which is now the 2nd time, continue and you will face a posting suspension.

13. You will not publicly comment on moderation in an open forum. You will not comment on actions taken by individual moderators or on specific or general policies and issues. You will not post a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. You may send a private message to a moderator to discuss individual actions or you can email support (at) aseannow.com to discuss moderation policy and account suspensions. Aggression or abuse against moderators is not tolerated and any such action will be sanctioned. There is no excuse for abuse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Irrelevant. 240 black workers have complained. Are they all lying?

Are they lying? Surely that's to be discovered with the law suit.

I was replying to a post that suggested colour had been confirmed. I cannot see that. I was hoping for confirmation. 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Maybe you too should read and inwardly digest the report.

Weird how it is alleged to have been going on for so long and was so prevalent yet no-one seems to have thought to capture any of these racial slurs on the video/audio recording device that everyone carries around in their pockets nowadays.    

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's irrelevant whether or not non blacks are responsible. That said, it's likely.

I'm just trying to get proof from someone who has already confirmed it. 

Maybe you can confirm it's  " likely", or is that just a personal assumption?

10 minutes ago, James105 said:

Weird how it is alleged to have been going on for so long and was so prevalent yet no-one seems to have thought to capture any of these racial slurs on the video/audio recording device that everyone carries around in their pockets nowadays.    

In what way is it weird? You do realize that many companies forbid the use and carrying of cellular phones or any devices while in the work place right?

https://clario.co/cell-phone-policy-at-work/

Some of the largest employers in the U.S. are known for banning cell phone usage completely at work. Below are two of the most notable companies with strict cell phone policies

Amazon 

Fedex

So what's to say Tesla does not have such a policy, and if it does, tell us again how they could have audio and visually recorded theses racial slurs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

In what way is it weird? You do realize that many companies forbid the use and carrying of cellular phones or any devices while in the work place right?

https://clario.co/cell-phone-policy-at-work/

Some of the largest employers in the U.S. are known for banning cell phone usage completely at work. Below are two of the most notable companies with strict cell phone policies

Amazon 

Fedex

So what's to say Tesla does not have such a policy, and if it does, tell us again how they could have audio and visually recorded theses racial slurs.

This article is about Tesla.   It's not about Amazon employees, nor is it about Fedex employees.   

If you want to claim Tesla does not allow their employees to use their phones at work how about you provide a link to an article that claims this about Tesla.  

22 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'm just trying to get proof from someone who has already confirmed it. 

Maybe you can confirm it's  " likely", or is that just a personal assumption?

Why? It isn't relevant what race or color, anyone can be racist, even against their own race.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

This article is about Tesla.   It's not about Amazon employees, nor is it about Fedex employees.   

If you want to claim Tesla does not allow their employees to use their phones at work how about you provide a link to an article that claims this about Tesla.  

Tesla has a rule which prohibits many things from being said about the company or doing while at work.  One only has to read between the lines to understand why certain things are not recorded.  There are many links you can find on employees being terminated for sharing a video on-line of situations or incidents which happened while employed by Tesla.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/03/tesla-fires-employee-who-posted-youtube-videos-of-full-self-driving-accident/

https://www.hotcars.com/things-tesla-employees-arent-allowed-to-do-at-work/#work-40-hour-weeks

All of Musk's employees sign confidentially agreements, so very little has actually been known about what goes on behind the scenes of Tesla. But a while back there were a few whistleblowers who pulled back the curtain and showed us the peculiar and sometimes dark sides of working for Musk.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Why? It isn't relevant what race or color, anyone can be racist, even against their own race.

Indeed they can. However, there us a post on here confirming those responsible were non blacks. I'm interested to know how they know. That us relevant to this discussion.

I'll await the response from said poster.

• Haha 1

All of Musk's endeavours are run like a dumpster fire.

The best and brightest can be fired on a pique of Elons rage.

The infamous "pedo guy" remark during the cave rescue drama, for which he paid dearly in court, gives us some idea of his emotional maturity. 

PS: He's also being played by China big time. I can't wait for that to fall apart. 

Edited by chalawaan

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

People have been known to lie when it comes to money and law suits.

We all want the charges to not be proven but some of us aren't so craven as to accuse 240 plaintiffs of lying even before the case is heard.

Just now, ozimoron said:

We all want the charges to not be proven but some of us aren't so craven as to accuse 240 plaintiffs of lying even before the case is heard.

I never said they were lying, I said it wasn't unknown for people to lie, especially where there's a financial windfall.

Just now, giddyup said:

I never said they were lying, I said it wasn't unknown for people to lie, especially where there's a financial windfall.

A generalised statement of the obvious with no intent and unrelated to the topic? There's a clear insinuation in your post that you believe they are lying. I would rather wait and see.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1