Is Chiang Mai airport immigration easier than Bangkok ?

43 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

What do you mean by "avoid too many back to backs"? Visa run on Mae Sai?

The normal meaning of "back-to-back" is consecutive entries with no (or minimal) gap between them.

2 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Thank you: I've booked a cheap Thai Air Asia flight Busan/Kuala Lumpur and I'll fly from Kuala Lumpur to Chiang Mai.

What do you mean by "avoid too many back to backs"? Visa run on Mae Sai?

No, your two land border entries at Mae Sai are pretty much guaranteed and really only count against you if they pull the 'too much time in Thailand' card at an airport. By back to back I mean maxing out your say 30 plus 30 days, flying out then back immediately. I always stay out for 3 or 4 nights. Some great places nearby, I am currently enjoying DaNang. Dirt cheap from CNX

1 hour ago, Greenwich Boy said:

No, your two land border entries at Mae Sai are pretty much guaranteed and really only count against you if they pull the 'too much time in Thailand' card at an airport. By back to back I mean maxing out your say 30 plus 30 days, flying out then back immediately. I always stay out for 3 or 4 nights. Some great places nearby, I am currently enjoying DaNang. Dirt cheap from CNX

Thank you, it could be a good plan for me, I never went to DaNang.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
6 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Beware....US Embassy says two 30 day tourist extensions.

That's per year, not per trip but it's wrong anyway.

6 hours ago, rexpotter said:

But CNX Immigration charges 1900 baht for  the second one and only 1 week. Shocker

That's because only one extension is allowed per visit before leaving the country, and you've used it.  The seven days is a courtesy to allow you to get packed and exit Thailand.

On 1/19/2024 at 10:40 AM, rexpotter said:

Beware....US Embassy says two 30 day tourist extensions.

I doubt they say that because its wrong.  Only one 30 day extension is allowed anywhere in Thailand. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2024 at 3:39 PM, Phillip9 said:

I doubt they say that because its wrong.  Only one 30 day extension is allowed anywhere in Thailand. 

You didn't understand the meat of the message. Why didn't they tell me very early in the process that i would never get the 30 day extension that I applied for?

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

You didn't understand the meat of the message. Why didn't they tell me very early in the process that i would never get the 30 day extension that I applied for?

You stated earlier....

"But CNX Immigration charges 1900 baht for the second one and only 1 week."

There is only one 30 day extension for tourist visa entry.

The second application resulting in  7 days is not an extension, rather 7 days to get out of dodge. 

The reason immigration processed your application is that folk that require few extra days (less than 7) can apply knowing full well the application will be rejected and as a consequence be given 7 days to exit Thailand.