"I think it is a rigged deal here, we have a rigged country, we have a country that is corrupt."

Social Media

17 minutes ago, h90 said:

Look at the elections for European parliament and than the president of it.....that is even worse.

a popular vote in an union of states of different sizes has also problems. The smaller one would leave it as they feel they have no say.

Comparisons between the EU and the US are off-topic and pointless.

Agree wholeheartedly, the US is in seroius decline. 

Walk the streets of any major US city and try to deny it.

But Trump is a part of the problem,

The whole country is wrapped up in partisan politcs bull<deleted>, gender politics etc,

Education and critcal thought have been completely hamstrung and social programs that might actually help folks in genuine need are being diverted to vocal and intolerant sects that want a free vagina for theri nine year old son.

the US is <deleted> and trump is one of the distractions that has allowed it to happen. If the US wasnt truly buggered sideways, nobody would even give the assclown a thought   

Edited by n00dle
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Yes, he PRETENDS to represent the common man but in real life he conned them many times out of their money and refused paying them for their work.

thats because the common man is stupid and desperate.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, candide said:

I don't disagree that others should also have been investigated, in particular about the WMD lie.

About your last point, Trump would have disagreed with you in 2018, as he felt necessary to strengthen the law about it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/law-trump-signed-2018-may-punish-him-classified-info-2022-8?r=US&IR=T

It was not meant as an excuse for Trump....he should join them all...

23 minutes ago, n00dle said:

thats because the common man is stupid and desperate.

Not only but the common man is also stupid because lack of opportunity for meaningful education. Public schools are everywhere in bad shape...

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

All previous Presidents were ‘protected’ by being considered above the law, un-indictable.

That’s no longer the case, and it’s a good thing that it’s no longer the case.

it is good, if they look into the others as well. If they only punish Trump than it is not helpful.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

In most sensible countries, the popular vote and preferencing from other candidates decides who gets elected, and who is the leader. A cockeyed system like the Electoral College could only exist in America.

It reminds me of the Churchill quote: " Americans usually get it right, after they have tried everything else".

IMO Trump was illegitimate because he was lazy, surrounded himself with yes-men, and sucked up to tyrants to massage his ego. See any John Bolton interview

( former National Security Adviser ) for an inside view of Trump's complete lack of leadership. He did not even bother to read daily briefings.

AFAIK no Democrats rioted at the Capitol.

Actually, a lot of countries have a parliamentary system which is NOT a popular vote- UK, Canada, etc. In the last election in Canada for example, the Conservative Party got the most votes, but the Liberal Party won the most seats in Parliament and formed the government.  Just the way it works. 

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, a lot of countries have a parliamentary system which is NOT a popular vote- UK, Canada, etc. In the last election in Canada for example, the Conservative Party got the most votes, but the Liberal Party won the most seats in Parliament and formed the government.  Just the way it works. 

However, in Presidential systems (I mean when the President has a significant executive power), it makes sense that the President receives this power directly from the voters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Two problems.

The Statute of Limitations and delay of due process.

However the ‘whatabout Bush/Clinton’ arguments are based on an acceptance that everyone, including past Presidents must be held accountable under the law.

The indictments of Trump are a very positive step in that direction.

Thank you Jack Smith.

I am total happy if they put Trump into jail first and Clinton later....You have in all the cases some conspiracy to commit murder which has no statute of limitation "We came, we saw, he died hahahaha".
If they put Trump into jail for some documents and not the others and not for the war crimes (Trump also did a few) than it is more or less pointless.

48 minutes ago, candide said:

However, in Presidential systems (I mean when the President has a significant executive power), it makes sense that the President receives this power directly from the voters.

It makes sense. But voting for a kind of king replacement dictator for the next 4 years in some public "beauty contest" can't be the smartest solution. We (no matter what country) vote for the person who can discuss the best, can formulate short smart answers for difficult problems. Instead of voting for some deep thinker who might not be a good speaker. I doubt the complete system....not that I would know a better one.

8 minutes ago, h90 said:

I am total happy if they put Trump into jail first and Clinton later....You have in all the cases some conspiracy to commit murder which has no statute of limitation "We came, we saw, he died hahahaha".
If they put Trump into jail for some documents and not the others and not for the war crimes (Trump also did a few) than it is more or less pointless.

I asked before:  Put Clinton, Obama, and Biden in jail for what?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Blue collar work was the first to be replaced, but, for example, as AI gets better and better, lots of IT jobs are going to evaporate. Who needs human code writers when AI will do it faster and better?

Except,

Blue collar work is outsource to China.

IT work is outsourced to India.

• Love It 1

39 minutes ago, h90 said:

It makes sense. But voting for a kind of king replacement dictator for the next 4 years in some public "beauty contest" can't be the smartest solution. We (no matter what country) vote for the person who can discuss the best, can formulate short smart answers for difficult problems. Instead of voting for some deep thinker who might not be a good speaker. I doubt the complete system....not that I would know a better one.

Not true,

People vote for whomever appears the least bad candidate.  (Assuming the votes are counted correctly)

I stopped voting when I realised there were no suitable candidates offered on the voting slips.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, h90 said:

Look at the elections for European parliament and than the president of it.....that is even worse.

a popular vote in an union of states of different sizes has also problems. The smaller one would leave it as they feel they have no say.

That didn't work out too well for the UK and Brexit did it?

2 hours ago, h90 said:

war crimes (Trump also did a few) 

What are you on about there?

5 hours ago, h90 said:

Much worse. The EU President select is just the result of back room bartering, then given some apparent validity with yet another "vote yes" instruction to the EU Parliament. 

10 hours ago, riclag said:

The problem the left had initially was and is ,they mostly never accepted him as the 45 th POTUS.

(Not deserving any rights and freedoms of the office) imop

This in 2016 was furthered by the Washington establishments  , (politicians,fbi and some in the media) by attempting to delegitimize Trump and everyone in his sphere) imop

Unfortunately for the American people like myself , we gotten delegitimized and defeated out of our vote for a Trump America policy by the establishment ever since!imop

Be nice to see a election by the citizens  of my country without any 

interference by the Washington establishment ! Imop

“The Establishment has been best understood as the primary source of power in a society, the implicit organization to which all politically minded people long to join but few will confess to being a member”

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/what-is-the-establishment-now-213565/

You missed this quote from that article:

“The establishment, the media, the special interests, the lobbyists, the donors—they’re all against me,” Trump said today in an online ad. (This from a billionaire real-estate developer who himself is a donor, a special interest and a media brand.)"

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/what-is-the-establishment-now-213565/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Calling him "illegitimate" and refusing to attend his inauguration is hardly criticism. It is petulance at best, and refusal to accept the election result at worst.

Of course, what's far worse than that is a living President who doesn't attend the inauguration of his successor. Can you name any Presidents who have done that in the 20th or 21st century? I can only come up with one.

• Thanks 1

I agree. The petulant Democrats and their supporters who refused to acknowledge Trump's election WERE acting Unamerican.  

Anything close to the big  majority of Republican members of the House, 139 to be exact, who voted against certifying Biden's victory in 2020?

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Just to clarify. The conservatives in Canada got a plurality of the votes. Not even close to a majority.

Calling him "illegitimate" and refusing to attend his inauguration is hardly criticism. It is petulance at best, and refusal to accept the election result at worst.

Well besides the big lie how about doing everything he could to sabotage the incoming administration poisoning the well so to speak.talk about rigging something the insult to the constitution and the country is so blatantly obvious it just astounds me that people defend him his malevolence towards democracy obviously offended many that’s why he wasn’t (accepted) as president but more lived through his (administration) now here we are trying to rid ourselves of him as he continues to humiliate the country rigging indeed!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Anything close to the big  majority of Republican members of the House, 139 to be exact, who voted against certifying Biden's victory in 2020?

And again you are doing the "but Trump..." comparison.  There is no need to.  I already said that he was wrong and stupid to not accept defeat in 2020.  I am merely saying that the Democrats were far less than gracious and accepting of their defeat in 2016.