"I think it is a rigged deal here, we have a rigged country, we have a country that is corrupt."

Social Media

43 minutes ago, Tug said:

Well besides the big lie how about doing everything he could to sabotage the incoming administration poisoning the well so to speak.talk about rigging something the insult to the constitution and the country is so blatantly obvious it just astounds me that people defend him his malevolence towards democracy obviously offended many that’s why he wasn’t (accepted) as president but more lived through his (administration) now here we are trying to rid ourselves of him as he continues to humiliate the country rigging indeed!

Not defending him- see above post. One thing I do object to is the use of the anti-semitic slur "the big lie". It was coined by Hitler and needs to die along with him. 

There was no "malevolence towards democracy" in 2016. Trump merely won the election, which so gutted the Democrats that to this day they are still offended. Hillary Clinton, who was touted as the most qualified Presidential candidate in history, was beaten by a reality star and real estate mogul. The burning shame of it stays with Democrats even now and clouds many of their decisions. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

And again you are doing the "but Trump..." comparison.  There is no need to.  I already said that he was wrong and stupid to not accept defeat in 2020.  I am merely saying that the Democrats were far less than gracious and accepting of their defeat in 2016. 

Nice try at deflection. I wasn't referring to Trump, though, was I? My comment was directed at the roughly 2/3 of Republican House members who refused to certify the results of the 2020 elections. You think the conduct of Democrats in the House after the 2016 election was equivalent?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Just to clarify. The conservatives in Canada got a plurality of the votes. Not even close to a majority.

Never said they did. Same thing happened in 2019. Conservatives got more votes than the Liberals, but fewer seats in Parliament. 

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not defending him- see above post. One thing I do object to is the use of the anti-semitic slur "the big lie". It was coined by Hitler and needs to die along with him. 

There was no "malevolence towards democracy" in 2016. Trump merely won the election, which so gutted the Democrats that to this day they are still offended. Hillary Clinton, who was touted as the most qualified Presidential candidate in history, was beaten by a reality star and real estate mogul. The burning shame of it stays with Democrats even now and clouds many of their decisions. 

Didn't Trump start that himself?

"The Fraudulent Presidential Election of 2020 will be, from this day forth, known as THE BIG LIE!" Trump said in a new statement.

https://www.voanews.com/a/usa_us-politics_trump-calls-2020-election-defeat-big-lie/6205396.html

16 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Please spare us the amateur armchair psychological slurs. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Much worse. The EU President select is just the result of back room bartering, then given some apparent validity with yet another "vote yes" instruction to the EU Parliament. 

There is no EU President. It's not a federal State and it's not a Presidential regime.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You are perfectly free to attack Trump but I think that it would be very difficult for you (or anyone else ) to demonstrate that Trump has been a proponent of lowering standards of education or culling critical thinking. And sex changes for nine-year old kids? Not a chance. 

It seems perfectly clear from your comment re 9 year olds that you are operating here reflexively. 

On 6/14/2023 at 11:24 AM, Hanaguma said:

It IS possible for two things to be true at the same time.

It is true that, if the charges against Trump are proven, he should be punished and possibly jailed. Doesn't matter what happened or didn't happen to anyone else.

It is also true that other politicians who are accused of similar crimes should also face similar investigations and possible consequences. 

They should, but no other politician is accused of: holding on to government documents for a year and a half after being asked to return them, lying to investigators about them, obstructing an investigation into their whereabouts, inducing his own lawyers to make false declarations about them or showing national defence documents to unauthorised persons. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

You are perfectly free to attack Trump but I think that it would be very difficult for you (or anyone else ) to demonstrate that Trump has been a proponent of lowering standards of education or culling critical thinking. And sex changes for nine-year old kids? Not a chance. 

Betsy Devos.

• Thanks 2

More fun!

Donald Trump has found another enemy, and this one might be his most mysterious choice of villain yet.The former president fired off an all-caps post on his flailing Truth Social website attacking many of his usual suspects, including “the radical left” and “marxists & communists.”

But this rant also included a new target: Mutants ????

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-names-baffling-enemy-latest-060256283.html

199c6c9dff788897391fb2f61ce586de.jpeg.jpg

Edited by candide
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, candide said:

More fun!

Donald Trump has found another enemy, and this one might be his most mysterious choice of villain yet.The former president fired off an all-caps post on his flailing Truth Social website attacking many of his usual suspects, including “the radical left” and “marxists & communists.”

But this rant also included a new target: Mutants ????

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-names-baffling-enemy-latest-060256283.html

199c6c9dff788897391fb2f61ce586de.jpeg.jpg

I can't wait for the Trump vs X-Men movie.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I'm stunned by the projection going on here. Trump's secretary for education was Betsy DeVos, totally unqualified for the job and got it because she was a Trump donor. Her education is just a BA at some minor college. She was the enemy of education. When you cull education you cull critical thinking. Key to the ability to think critically is an education. The right wing don't get this fundamental connection.

To Christian conservatives, she was a hero who once proclaimed, "I fight against anyone who would have government be the parent to everyone." DeVos used her bully pulpit to champion religious education, push for school choice and help private schools in financial turmoil.

To her critics, including the nation's teachers unions, she was a stone-cold villain who famously suggested guns belong in some schools (to fend off bears), who needed the vice president's vote to survive confirmation and who spent four years disparaging American public education.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/19/936225974/the-legacy-of-education-secretary-betsy-devos

You make it sound like education came to a complete stop!  

• Haha 1